Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Align vs gogun thumb rest

X5SigChris

For anyone interested. I’ve been able to get a feel for both the gogun and align thumb rests. I started with the gogun and did enjoy it. But, like other has said before, it left more like a index point rather than a thumb rest to manage recoil. However, it was an improvement. I decided to give the align thumb rest a shot and, to me, its night and day. This is a preliminary finding as I haven’t put rounds through the gun with it yet, but in dry fire I am in much better “control”. I get more consistent support hand grip and when I’m off I can make the fine adjustments much easier. If that makes any sense. I also don’t feel like my thumb will roll off the rest like before. Overall, I do believe it is an improvement over the two options. I’ll be happy to update my opinion after a match next weekend if I can’t make it to the range sooner. 

Also, it does fit the RHT holster that was designed for the gogun. Have heard from another member that it fits GX as well.

Hope this may help someone. 

14 minutes ago, Ergos said:

I just ran Align Tactical's Thumb Rest takedown lever again and it is simply Amazing every time I shoot it!  Takes nearly all noticeable muzzle flip out to the point it doesn't feel like a 9... Absolutely night and day like you said... just made those ugly gas pedals obsolete.

I’m doing a “no-no” and running a new product (the thumb rest) next weekend before being able to test it beforehand lol. First one in nearly a decade though, so I’m sure this isn’t going to be the factor that makes me screw up. In dry fire though, it feels much more natural than the previous gas peddle so I’m fairly confident it won’t let me down. Now my “first match nerves” may 

2 hours ago, X5SigChris said:

I’m doing a “no-no” and running a new product (the thumb rest) next weekend before being able to test it beforehand lol. First one in nearly a decade though, so I’m sure this isn’t going to be the factor that makes me screw up. In dry fire though, it feels much more natural than the previous gas peddle so I’m fairly confident it won’t let me down. Now my “first match nerves” may 

Good to know. I plan on ordering one.

It seems to allow you to cant your wrist forward more as well. (aka push the point forward a bit for the thumb vs the other lever) But I think it all depends how your hands fit the grip.

Im excited to try it.

• 2 weeks later...

This video is worth about as much as you paid for it, but I did a comparison with and without using the Align tactical lever. There is a difference for sure. 

https://youtu.be/VHMr8vMdpTg

I’m just a b class shooter so take my opinion as such. It does introduce some other things you will have to work through. The gun returns faster and it throws off the timing. You need to be willing to put in some serious time and rounds in live Fire. 

but I like it enough I’ll be buying a second for my backup gun. 

48 minutes ago, fireman1776 said:

This video is worth about as much as you paid for it, but I did a comparison with and without using the Align tactical lever. There is a difference for sure. 

I’m just a b class shooter so take my opinion as such. It does introduce some other things you will have to work through. The gun returns faster and it throws off the timing. You need to be willing to put in some serious time and rounds in live Fire. 

Nice!

17 hours ago, fireman1776 said:

Sorry if I missed it, but what holster are you running with the Align rest?

47 minutes ago, echotango said:

I received 3 and prefer then much more than the GG GP. Smaller than I thought compared to pics, but the shelf is enough.  Fits both our RHT holsters. 

I had the GG and only made it through one range session. I would’ve had to change my grip to use it properly. The align was a more natural motion. 

1 hour ago, echotango said:

Smaller than I thought compared to pics

This is very accurate. When I got it I immediately thought that it was too small. But after a few runs, I got the hang of it. And to top it off, last night I grabbed my old carry gun (P320C) that is stock. Besides the fact it felt so small, my support thumb was just lost. Goes to show how much I actually like the peddle

You guys and your big hands. Thumb wont reach the Go Gun properly so I imagine the Align wont really work either. Is there anything on the market that is placed closest to the grip on the takedown lever?

1 hour ago, touji said:

You guys and your big hands. Thumb wont reach the Go Gun properly so I imagine the Align wont really work either. Is there anything on the market that is placed closest to the grip on the takedown lever?

My wife has child like hands and it works for her.  She used the gg and now uses the align.   Shoe does however have a big grip reduction moving her hand fwd. 

Edited by echotango

29 minutes ago, touji said:

Open build would be great if they had a full dust cover AXG frame. I've seen people milling the TXG grips but I'm not sure what the longevity of that on the polymer frames would be like.

I’m with you in that. I’ve tried to find slow mo videos of the TXG firing to see if I saw any flex, but no luck. There’s also different methods people are doing. I’d like to see what works best.