Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbie Question - Mag Capacity vs. Mag Load

LQQKOUT442

So with guns, gun parts and magazine being so low in stock at a lot of places, my question is, is it legal to use 16-17 magazines with only 10 rounds loaded into them for production division.  I'm having problems finding 10-round magazines, at a reasonable price. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, LQQKOUT442 said:

So with guns, gun parts and magazine being so low in stock at a lot of places, my question is, is it legal to use 16-17 magazines with only 10 rounds loaded into them for production division.  I'm having problems finding 10-round magazines, at a reasonable price. Thanks!

Absolutely, the rule is that no magazine can have more than 10 rounds in it at the sound of the start buzzer. 

On 1/9/2022 at 12:06 PM, George Jones said:

However, Production Division requires the gun to fit in "the box" with a mag inserted.  Long mags would not be legal.

Thanks for the response but no they are not long mags. They fit inside the grip with only the mag butt plate stick out.

4 minutes ago, LQQKOUT442 said:

.40 S&W

Sorry, it's late and i read your response and interpreted as caliber.

I plan on mostly mostly using my S&W MP40. I would also like to work in my Tangfolio Witness PS from time to time. It's a 9mm. 

The reason I had asked the ammo question originally, was the fact that I've reloaded for many years. I reload all of my handgun ammo with the exception of 9mm. I just don't simply reload 9mm due to the fact that I can buy it at just about the same cost as reloading it. I started reloading originally due to having a .380. The 380 is less bullet, less casing and less powder. But at the time, .380 was 2-3 times more expensive that 9mm. I still shake my head when I think about it.

Are you shooting .40 in L10?  If you plan on shooting .40 in production you will be at a disadvantage in production, because you will most likely be shooting major and not getting the major scoring advantage in production.  Something to keep in mind.

2 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Are you shooting .40 in L10?  If you plan on shooting .40 in production you will be at a disadvantage in production, because you will most likely be shooting major and not getting the major scoring advantage in production.  Something to keep in mind.

40 minor works great in production, but only if you reload it, of course...