Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mags for USPSA Carry Optics

ES13Raven

On 4/29/2022 at 7:43 AM, Nathanb said:

I use the hennings and grams combo as well. I had to file the front and rear of my followers to avoid feeding issues. They’d catch on the mag body and jam up. Something to be aware of. 

I had this same issue. Trying the spring/follower combo from CZ custom and it seems to be much better. 

Pretty disappointed in Grams tbh. 

Edited by Iamdat

On 5/1/2022 at 4:51 PM, Iamdat said:

I had this same issue. Trying the spring/follower combo from CZ custom and it seems to be much better. 

Pretty disappointed in Grams tbh. 

Disappointed, why?  It's a given that non-oem parts are very likely to need tuning or adjustment and there is always a slight possibility that they won't work at all.

I use Grams springs and followers and Henning extensions in my P-09/P-10F magazines and they work just fine.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, cykapath said:

Are the MecGar 19 round mags with the extended base plate the same main body as the 17 round mag? Or would I have to file or buy something else to make the existing extensions fit the gauge?

They’re the same tube. The plastic base pad adds two rounds making the capacity 19.

17 hours ago, George16 said:

They’re the same tube. The plastic base pad adds two rounds making the capacity 19.

Is there any reason on TaylorFreelance's cz75 +5 basepad say that their basepad will increase the mecgar 19 rounder to over 141mm? Maybe a formatting error/typo?

6 hours ago, cykapath said:

Is there any reason on TaylorFreelance's cz75 +5 basepad say that their basepad will increase the mecgar 19 rounder to over 141mm? Maybe a formatting error/typo?

Not sure about that but my TTI +5 doesn’t increase the length to over 141.25mm.

There’s a variance in magazine lengths. Many basepads are made right up to the 141.25 limit so even a small variation in length will bump you to open. I had that issue with my Walther and TTI basepads even though I only used Walther OFM magazines.

• 6 months later...
On 6/1/2022 at 1:10 AM, cykapath said:

Not sure which TF basepads are you looking at but nowhere in the description of their CZ 75 +5s do I see where it states they'll fail for over length.

Both of my TF 75 +5s pass the mag gauge with a variety of ACT and MecGar brand tubes.

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo