Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Sig Armorer's competition curved trigger

Stician

Has anyone tried this yet?  Robert has two variants for his curved trigger, competition and carry.  The comp only works with his comp level action job and the carry works in all P320.  One of the nice features on the comp level action job (using the factory flat trigger) is a non adjustable over travel stop.  On the TSA curved trigger it is built into the shape.  

signal-2021-11-12-161844.jpeg

signal-2021-11-12-155722_001.jpeg

signal-2021-11-12-155750_001.jpeg

Is he selling them yet?  He showed it to several months ago, but I didn't think it was available yet.  He's also working on a sear and striker that don't need to worked on, just drop in.  It's better than his polish job.  I'm not a fan of curved triggers, but Robert explained that it puts your finger in exactly the same place every time, which I guess would be a good thing.  I have long fingers and I'm afraid it might be back to far for me.

I had Robert put a comp trigger in my Legion when he did his action job. I do like it and the trigger does seem to help with consistent finger placement but it is a different trigger than 2011s, which is what I am used to. Used mine for it's first steel challenge CO match last Saturday. My crappy shooting was not the fault of the trigger......or gun. 

On 11/13/2021 at 8:23 PM, skip62 said:

Is he selling them yet?  He showed it to several months ago, but I didn't think it was available yet.  He's also working on a sear and striker that don't need to worked on, just drop in.  It's better than his polish job.  I'm not a fan of curved triggers, but Robert explained that it puts your finger in exactly the same place every time, which I guess would be a good thing.  I have long fingers and I'm afraid it might be back to far for me.

He has them for sale and with my medium sized glove hands the index finger is just right.  Another benefit Robert didn't mention is the geometry change, it has a shorter pull. I like it a lot and shot a match with it yesterday. 

12 hours ago, CurlyShuffle said:

I had one installed when I had an Action Job done about a month or so ago.  Seems nice so far.  I'll be using it in its first match this week, so i'll have a better idea then.

on the timer during my first match I didn't notice the shorter slightly heavier pull but I did notice how consistent and connected my trigger finger felt.  I shot more alphas.  I measured the travel distance between the wall after take up and break... ~0.108"

On 11/15/2021 at 12:58 PM, Stician said:

on the timer during my first match I didn't notice the shorter slightly heavier pull but I did notice how consistent and connected my trigger finger felt.  I shot more alphas.  I measured the travel distance between the wall after take up and break... ~0.108"

I tried my upgraded P320 with the Sig Armorer trigger (amongst the other upgrades) at a local IDPA match and WOW!  I like it.  It isn’t the lightest pull, but in a match, that makes zero difference.  The very short pull and reset make a much larger difference.

On 11/15/2021 at 12:44 PM, Stician said:

He has them for sale and with my medium sized glove hands the index finger is just right.  Another benefit Robert didn't mention is the geometry change, it has a shorter pull. I like it a lot and shot a match with it yesterday. 

Awesome,  I had the competition action job done back in the spring and I was out there in August and he installed it, but he didn't say he was selling them yet.  I may have another P320 in my future and that's good news.  I don't have his trigger though.  Thanks for the info

Robert also offers a slide-to-frame hand fitting service that isn't advertised, where he welds metal to the P320 rails and then hand laps the slide to the rails for ZERO play. Makes the P320 racking it feel like a tuned 1911 or CZ.  I'd be interested to know if his new trigger is wider since the factory trigger has side-to-side slop that is noticeable

6 hours ago, Ergos said:

Robert also offers a slide-to-frame hand fitting service that isn't advertised, where he welds metal to the P320 rails and then hand laps the slide to the rails for ZERO play. Makes the P320 racking it feel like a tuned 1911 or CZ.  I'd be interested to know if his new trigger is wider since the factory trigger has side-to-side slop that is noticeable

I asked him about that when he fit the barrel and he told me he'd only do that for a bullseye gun.  I've been thinking about doing it myself but I don't usually weld on that small a surface,  I'd have to practice some.   May call and ask him after reading this 

Thanks

On 11/19/2021 at 8:41 PM, Ergos said:

Happy to report it has less side to side slop and it's ~0.375" wide.