Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question

Wildbilltactical

Many Open division shooters load the 9mm Luger to meet Major power factor.  They are over normal 9mm Luger specifications and should not be used in other guns not set up for the higher pressure.  Plus, I believe Open is the only division they would be scored as Major, so no other division has need of them.

I have not looked at +P or +P+ specs of late, but I do not think they will meet Major requirements.

You may want to expand your question to give more details of what you are looking for.

1 hour ago, Wildbilltactical said:

Is it in any way possible to make a 9 m m or load a 9 mm round that makes major power factor either by loading a 38 or 38 special or uping the power of the nine mm bullet. Will +p or+ p + 9mm ammo make the power factor enough to make major power in USPSA thanks

With the utmost respect, please don't fool around with loading anything above saami specs until you do much more research. You can hurt your equipment and yourself.

The only part I'll respond to is, no +P stuff doesn't come close to MAJOR PF in 9mm. I ran some SD ammo through my Open gun and got about 155 PF

Their is one and only one "book" load that makes 9 major.  It uses a 147 gr bullet and a very slow vitivory powder.

But as Sarge said you need to do a lot more research. Now just a guess English is not your first language.  So let's 

Make sure what you are asking and why.