Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloads

Airic

I was wondering if you guys had any tips on getting glock mags to fall out of the gun better. I have always had problems with my mags sticking in the gun and only partially coming out or not moving at all. Any tips?

What type of mags don't come out?

Are they 10 rnd mags?

There are several different types of Glock mags.

Drop Free - usually perform as advertised

- Glock is up to the 4th generation of drop free "high-caps"

Non-Drop Free - designed not to drop free.

- Early mfg but still around.

10 round - Some do, some don't.

Check for burrs around the mag catch slot or obvious wear patterns on the mags. Sometimes ArmorAll helps but it attracts dust.

Hope this helps.

They are fully metal lined, drop free mags. After I posted this I went and did some dry fire practice and while working on reloads, I noticed something. Im left handed, and i tryed a right handed reload and it worked perfect, mag flew out, so im wondering if im having problems depressing the mag release all the way....i have an ext. mag release though...

I have an extended mag release, and you know i think i may have worked it out in my dry fire tonite. I think I just needed someone to talk to, lol :lol:

I think i just wasnt paying attention to what I was doing while i was reloading. More worried about the next target than what I was doing at the moment....thx for the input tho

I was wondering if you guys had any tips on getting glock mags to fall out of the gun better. I have always had problems with my mags sticking in the gun and only partially coming out or not moving at all. Any tips?

When I used to shoot my G17 with any regularity, I used to swab the inside of the grip - and wipe down the mags - with ArmorAll. Carried a few patches soaked in same in a zip-lock baggie in the shooting bag.

Those suckers ROCKETED out of the gun...

:lol:

Another alternative is to keep a rag that has been sprayed heavily with silicone. Wipe your mags down periodically and they should be pretty slick. The advantage of silicone over furniture polish or ArmorAll is that it doesn't seem to accumulate dust and dirt in my experience.

YMMV

dj

I use Armor All sometimes. Works pretty "slick" and doesn't make them substantially slippery to the "grasp".

Anyone have any video clips on guys using glocks in ipsc.

I have a few videos of myself. Nothing too impressive, but if you are interested let me know.