Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PDP mag extentions and holster question

e-mishka

• 6 months later...
21 hours ago, goshimu said:

Is this with canik mags? If so how well do the canik mags function in the pdp? There’s mixed reports from what I’ve seen so far.

No I don't use Canik magazines. Only Walther magazines. 

21 hours ago, goshimu said:

Is this with canik mags? If so how well do the canik mags function in the pdp? There’s mixed reports from what I’ve seen so far.

Canik mags are fine. I’ve got 6 of them I run in my PDP 5” full-size with TF extensions… since Walther mags were unobtainium when I got it. They’ve been flawless and are a fraction of the price. 

DB8662D2-4399-4BDC-8F5F-64C5449A5AA9.jpeg

• 3 months later...
Just now, dkamps said:

Anyone using the Gen 1 STI grams followers in their full size Pdp mags yet? I’ve heard they work but want confirmation.

23+1 would be nice

I personally choose not to chase +1 round and the possibility of reduced reliability. 

Pretty rare for a field course to really put you in a bind where you need to have 24rd. Handy for the new 21-01 classifier… and that’s about it. 

1 hour ago, Dirty_J said:

I personally choose not to chase +1 round and the possibility of reduced reliability. 

Pretty rare for a field course to really put you in a bind where you need to have 24rd. Handy for the new 21-01 classifier… and that’s about it. 

I agree with that, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the follower spring combo isn’t perfectly reliable… I won’t sacrifice reliability for 1 round, but if it’s a wash and I can get an extra round ill always go for the extra round.

I’ll test it out and report back

• 2 weeks later...

Walther full size Pdp mag + TF basepad + grams fks9-11 = 23rnds with no follower modification required, and retains slide lock functionality.

1 mag is 23 reloadable, the other is stiff but should break in to be reloadable in time.

2 test mags outfitted like this right now. Shooting a match tomorrow and I’ll report back on reliability.

Edited by dkamps

Zero issues. I’ve build a couple more. Some are not 23 reloadable; so it’ll depend on how your spring sets and how the components fit together. 

I’ll be removing the spring and followers from the ones that are not 23 reloadable and trying them in other combos to see if I can find the other side of the tolerance stacking.