Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PDP mag extentions and holster question

e-mishka

What are the good extensions for 18rnd mags? Especially the ones that can be quickly removed without tools

And what holsters are good? I know RHT makes it, who else?

TIA

Edited by e-mishka

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, szhttm said:

Hello,

For mag extensions:

For holsters (competition & concealment😞

Good Luck and Be Safe!!!

😎

The springers won’t be 140mm with the 18rd mag. Those are made for the 15rd mags. 

Taylor Freelance is the ONLY game in town at the moment for the 18rd mags to be 140 compliant. 

37411A5C-923A-4686-952B-E1E1A145C160.jpeg

Edited by Dirty_J

On 9/19/2021 at 8:48 PM, Dirty_J said:

The springers won’t be 140mm with the 18rd mag. Those are made for the 15rd mags. 

Taylor Freelance is the ONLY game in town at the moment for the 18rd mags to be 140 compliant. 

37411A5C-923A-4686-952B-E1E1A145C160.jpeg

Thanks.

Are you running a standard Apex ppq trigger? how is it compared to factory?

And what plate for for 509?

37 minutes ago, e-mishka said:

Thanks.

Are you running a standard Apex ppq trigger? how is it compared to factory?

And what plate for for 509?

Standard Apex for PPQ. I tried the Walther DPT and it was actually WORSE than the stock trigger. Shorter for sure… but heavy! The Apex cut a few oz and shortened things up satisfactorily. 

I’m running the Walther RMR plate and the included RMR adapter plate that came with the 509. Not ideal… but it’s worked so far. Only around 2000 rounds on the setup. Would have gotten a C&H by now.. to remove a few screws from the equation, but have heard HORRIBLE things about the QC as of late. 

10 minutes ago, Lightj75 said:

I'm surprised to see you say that about the DPT mine is great short reset hardly any over travel and a 3.25# pull I usually shoot a CZ but I have been really impressed with the Walther 

Maybe my PDP was a unicorn. It was a 3.5# pull from the box. Just long take up and reset. 

The DPT took it to over 4#. This was confirm by walther tech. Shorter,  but heavier pull. 

6FB422DC-F82D-433C-A44A-1DEA76B58913.png

1 minute ago, Dirty_J said:

Maybe my PDP was a unicorn. It was a 3.5# pull from the box. Just long take up and reset. 

The DPT took it to over 4#. This was confirm by walther tech. Shorter,  but heavier pull. 

6FB422DC-F82D-433C-A44A-1DEA76B58913.png

Well I do have the Q5 SF so maybe that's the difference. I also got mine set up for competition by a Walther tech to be as good as it good be I probably couldnt have got it where it is without intimate knowledge of how it works which I just don't have yet. I've been impressed with it so far and can't wait to put alot of rounds through it after this competition season.

3 hours ago, e-mishka said:

For those who run canik mags in pdp, are basepads interchangeable between pdp and canik mags?

They fit the mags fine… the problem is with the retention method. Most canik basepads have a screw or a pin in the rear. This hits the low hanging part of the PDP backstrap. Only the TF basepads work. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, e-mishka said:

@Dirty_J which guide rod do you use in your 5” pdp. My Redhill tactical holster finally arrives this weekend :)

I have the ZR Tactical guide rod. 

I would seek another option if I had to do it over again.  They only offer one length… and it’s a mofo to get an uncaptured spring mounted on the 5” slide. Basically requires a tool inserted from the front to keep the spring aligned with the rod for its length. 

If it were just a bit longer it would be a non-issue. 

On 10/8/2021 at 11:12 AM, e-mishka said:

Yeah, I want to play with different weight springs.”  So zr tactical is the only thats uncaptured one available?

No, you can use a full length guide rod for an M&P as well. I am running a tungsten full length guide rod from Speed Shooters Specialties that I bought many years ago. I used it in my 5" ppq for almost 2 seasons prior. 

On 10/11/2021 at 2:07 PM, Prov1x said:

No, you can use a full length guide rod for an M&P as well. I am running a tungsten full length guide rod from Speed Shooters Specialties that I bought many years ago. I used it in my 5" ppq for almost 2 seasons prior. 

Thanks for heads up. Do you use flat wire recoil springs?

On 10/16/2021 at 6:32 PM, NWfront said:

I'm picking up a 4.5 FS next week and started looking at holsters.  Has anyone tried the Comp-Tac International?  

I have a comptac for my 4.5" FS and I like it, plain, simple but works well. 

I am using a couple of these. They are plus 2's but will get you to 20 rounds and under 140mm. Inexpensive, uses stock spring and nice fit. https://mec-gar.com/shop/upgrade-parts/pads/plus-2-adapter-set/

I did have to belt sand the pad a bit for the magazine to engage. 

Edited by ohsevenflhx

19 hours ago, ohsevenflhx said:

I am using a couple of these. They are plus 2's but will get you to 20 rounds and under 140mm. Inexpensive, uses stock spring and nice fit. https://mec-gar.com/shop/upgrade-parts/pads/plus-2-adapter-set/

I did have to belt sand the pad a bit for the magazine to engage. 

Do you have a pic of how it looks on the mag and inserted in to the pistol?

TIA