Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MRDS Quick Reference Cards

Llando88

6 hours ago, Nathanb said:

Mil rad is a measuring system like moa. It’s finer adjustments.  

variable optics are a 1-6 style where you can change magnification. Except at different magnifications in a second focal plane scope the clicks are not what they are labeled. 

Yes. I understand what a MRAD is.  What I was getting at was, what is it you would change on the current set of QRCs "for mil rad and multi variable optics etc ".  Which ones?  What specific mil rad and multi variable optics are you referring to?  Or do you mean something else?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is an administrative update post:

From this point onward, all MRDS QRCs will be hosted on a Google drive, accessible at the link below.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link

This link will provide view access to a folder, organized by Optic manufacturer. When you click the link, you should see a screen depicted in Figure 1. In order to download a QRC, first, select the folder corresponding to the manufacturer of the optic.

Let's say you have a Sig Sauer optic. If you double click on "Sig Sauer", you should see a screen shown in Figure 2. To download a specific QRC, just double click on a PDF file. Each optic has a (hopefully) self-explanatory file naming convention. Generally this is "qrc_" followed by a short string referencing the optic. For example, "qrc_sig_r0" is the QRC for the Sig Sauer Romeo Zero.

QRC updates will no longer appended to this thread. Whenever a new version of an optic QRC is added, it will be noted here, however, the Google Drive will always have the latest content. This will reduce the admin overhead of maintaining QRCs across several other web sites, not just this one, and provide a single on-line repository source of current QRCs. I have just uploaded all QRCs, at either Rev 10 or Rev 11, to this Google Drive. It is now fully populated.

-- Rich

Figure 1 - Google Drive with MRDS QRC main folder:

Screenshot from 2023-02-26 13-42-15.png

Figure 2 - Google Drive with "Sig Sauer" QRCs selected:

Screenshot from 2023-02-26 13-43-09.png

Edited by Llando88

• 3 weeks later...

Engineering Notice 20230319-01 Vortex Defender Quick Reference Card V11 added

A QRC for the Vortex Defender has been added to the Google drive.

At $349 MSRP, the Defender is available in 3 or 6 MOA red dot versions. Features include: RMSc footprint, 10 brightness settings (2 NV compatible), manual brightness selection only, with motion activation and 14 hour shut off. Battery is a CR1632, top loading. I have not confirmed whether the lens is glass or polymer, Vortex makes no mention of the material online or in the user manual.

The new QRC is located under the "VO" (Vortex) tab from the main directory.

• 1 month later...

Engineering Notice 20230428-01 Sig Sauer ROMEO-M17 Quick Reference Card added

A QRC for the Sig Sauer ROMEO M17 has been added to the Google drive.

At $809 MSRP, the M17 features an enclosed optic, selectable circle/dot reticle and Sig's SIG-LOK mounting system. Note: The M17 WILL ONLY FIT the Sig Sauer M17 pistol. The optic has: 15 brightness settings (3 NV compatible), manual brightness selection only, with motion activation and 15 hour shut off. Battery is a CR2032, side loading.

The new QRC is located under the "SI" (Sig Sauer) tab from the main directory.

• 4 weeks later...

Engineering Notice 20230521-01 3xHolosun SCS Quick Reference Cards added

Three additional QRCs for the Holosun SCS GR models have been added to the Google drive:

Holosun SCS MP2 - Solar Charging Sight for the M&P 2.0 series pistols
Holosun SCS VP9 - Direct mount Solar Charging Sight for the HK VP9 series pistols
Holosun SCS PDP - Direct mount Solar Charging Sight for the Walther PDP series pistols

This completes the QRCs for all currently available Holosun SCS models.

The Holosun Solar Charging Sight (SCS) is an approximately $4xx MSRP open optic (exception: the Holosun SCS 320 is an enclosed optic) that include a solar-charged, internal rechargeable battery. These optics feature Holosun's selectable dot only, dot plus circle, or circle only reticle and each model is specifically designed to direct mount without a plate.

These new QRCs are located under the "HS" (Holosun) tab from the main directory.

Edited by Llando88

• 4 weeks later...

Engineering Notice 20230615-01 Holosun EPS Carry Red Multi-Reticle System upgraded to Revision 11

Version 10.2 of the Holosun EPS Carry Red MRS has been deleted, and replaced with a new Version 11. The main reason for the update is that I finally got my own EPS Carry Red MRS, and after reading the owners manual, realized several assumptions I made about these new optics last year were incorrect, and needed fixing.

The EPS C Red MRS QRC is the first to be updated and corrected to Version 11.

The remaining 11 EPS/EPS Carry MRDS will be updated in rolling fashion as time permits. The Ver 11 QRCs will be located in the "HS" (Holosun) tab from the main directory. No separate EN will be issued, they will just get upgraded one at a time.

On 6/15/2023 at 6:03 PM, Llando88 said:

Engineering Notice 20230615-01 Holosun EPS Carry Red Multi-Reticle System upgraded to Revision 11

Version 10.2 of the Holosun EPS Carry Red MRS has been deleted, and replaced with a new Version 11. The main reason for the update is that I finally got my own EPS Carry Red MRS, and after reading the owners manual, realized several assumptions I made about these new optics last year were incorrect, and needed fixing.

The EPS C Red MRS QRC is the first to be updated and corrected to Version 11.

The remaining 11 EPS/EPS Carry MRDS will be updated in rolling fashion as time permits. The Ver 11 QRCs will be located in the "HS" (Holosun) tab from the main directory. No separate EN will be issued, they will just get upgraded one at a time.

All 12 Holosun EPS MRDS QRCs have now been upgraded to Ver 11 and uploaded to the Google drive.

• 4 weeks later...

Engineering Notice 20230719-01 Sig Sauer ROMEO-X Quick Reference Card added

A QRC for the new Sig Sauer ROMEO-X has been added to the Google drive.

At $409 (compact) / $459 (full size) MSRP, the Romeo-X is inspired by the Sig Romeo M17, and features a CNC Machined 7075 Aluminum Housing, Low Deck Height For Standard-Height Iron Sight Co-Witness and Circle Dot With Individual Selectable 2 MOA Dot & 32 MOA Circle. The optic has 15 brightness settings (3 NV compatible), and motion activation. Battery is a CR1632, side loading.

The new QRC is located under the "SI" (Sig Sauer) tab from the main directory.

• 1 month later...

Engineering Notice 20230824-01 Eotech EFLX Quick Reference Card added

A QRC for the EOTECH EFLX Mini Red Dot Sight has been added to the Google drive.

Starting at $389 MSRP, the EOTECH EFLX Mini is available in 3 or 6 MOA Versions, and features a Leupold Delta Point Pro footprint, manual off/on, a glass uncoated lens and a 12 hour auto shutoff. The optic has 8 daylight settings and 1 NV setting. Battery is a CR2032 top loading.

The new QRC is located under the "EO" (EOTECH) tab from the main directory.

NB This QRC was constructed with the 3 MOA version on the left panel, and the 6 MOA version on the right.

Engineering Notice 20230830-01 Trijicon RMR HD and RCR Quick Reference Cards added

Two QRCs for the Trijicon RMR HD and RCR Mini Red Dot Sights have been added to the Google drive.

At $849 MSRP, the Trijicon RMR HD is an open-emitter design features include an innovative forward looking light sensor, multiple reticle options, and illumination adjustability. The forward looking light sensor gauges the brightness at target in auto mode and adjusts reticle brightness. The reticle allows you to switch between a CIRCLE+DOT or DOT only, both of which include a new super bright setting and an additional night vision setting. The RMR HD also allows the operator to adjust the Auto Illumination as well as the dot/circle contrast. Battery is a 2032 top loading. Footprint is RMR.

At $849 MSRP, the Trijicon RCR is a close-emitter design and includes Manual brightness setting with 10 brightness settings including 3 NV and 1 super bright setting. Battery is a CR2032 top loading.  Mounting is to the RMR footprint via supplied sets of "Capstan" screws (short, long, FN) and Allen key with torque assist card.

Both QRCs are located under the "TR" (Trijicon) tab from the main directory.

Edited by Llando88

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2023 at 8:22 AM, Llando88 said:

Added QRC for the new Holosun 507COMP, large window, competition oriented optic introduced at SHOT 2023 this week.

qrc_507comp_gr_v11.pdf 75.88 kB · 19 downloads

Thank you for providing these QRC's - they are terrific. Already printed out two of them.

Any chance you can add QRC's for the Sig ROMEO1 and the Holosun 507c ACSS??

Great job, very useful items to have in the range bag.

On 10/12/2023 at 9:05 AM, LHshooter said:

Thank you for providing these QRC's - they are terrific. Already printed out two of them.

Any chance you can add QRC's for the Sig ROMEO1 and the Holosun 507c ACSS??

Great job, very useful items to have in the range bag.

Thanks for the input. I am always glad to hear these are useful.

You are right, I do not have one for the ROMEO1 or 507c ACSS.  If you give me a few days (we just moved into a new house), I can make QRCs for these two optics.   Will update the thread when complete.

Rich

Engineering Notice 20231013-01 Holosun 507c X2 ACSS(r) Vulcan (r) and Sig Sauer ROMEO1 30 MM  MRDS Quick Reference Cards added

Two new QRCs, one for the Holosun 507c ACSS Vulcan and one for the Sig Sauer ROMEO1 30 MM Mini Red Dot Sight, have been added to the Google drive.  The new Holosun optic can be found in the "HS" (Holosun) directory in the C Series folder, while the ROMEO1 ACSS file is located under the "SI" (Sig Sauer) directory.

Edited by Llando88

16 hours ago, Llando88 said:

Engineering Notice 20231013-01 Holosun 507c X2 ACSS(r) Vulcan (r) and Sig Sauer ROMEO1 30 MM  MRDS Quick Reference Cards added

Two new QRCs, one for the Holosun 507c ACSS Vulcan and one for the Sig Sauer ROMEO1 30 MM Mini Red Dot Sight, have been added to the Google drive.  The new Holosun optic can be found in the "HS" (Holosun) directory in the C Series folder, while the ROMEO1 ACSS file is located under the "SI" (Sig Sauer) directory.

Fabulous - thanks a lot for doing all this. Much appreciated

5 hours ago, LHshooter said:

Fabulous - thanks a lot for doing all this. Much appreciated

Glad to be of help.

Let me know if you see anything that needs correcting, I do most of these based on published Owners Manuals, but don't actually own any of them except for the few I've had.

Rich

Just saw this thread, could've saved me a lot of time as I went through my red dots and collected info, primarily on the type of battery I need so I can always have spares.

One suggestion: update the OP with the link to the Google drive at the very top, so late comers like me know where to find the most current data. 

35 minutes ago, IVC said:

Just saw this thread, could've saved me a lot of time as I went through my red dots and collected info, primarily on the type of battery I need so I can always have spares.

One suggestion: update the OP with the link to the Google drive at the very top, so late comers like me know where to find the most current data. 

Great idea; I have threads like this on other forums, and never thought to update this one - D'oh!

I'll edit post 1 shortly.

ETA: Whelp I guess I'm past the edit window, as it appears the OP isn't eligible to edit any longer.  It may be a mod or admin can do that, but I'm not able to, at least as far as I can tell.

As always, the latest QRCs can be found in the Google directory, link below:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L4OO0iEIU1HEUSPSLOxvvAl8CFsAZX8t

rich

Edited by Llando88

Engineering Notice 20231021 C-More CRC 4 and 6 MOA MRDS Quick Reference Cards added

QRCs for the C-More CRC MRDS have been added to the Google drive.  Both new QRCs can be found in the "CM" (C-More) directory.

The C-More CRC line consists of two small RMSc footprint, single dot models (either 4 or 6 MOA).  Retailing at $339, these feature a glass lens, 10 manually selected brightness levels (5 day light and 5 low light), Motion Sensing System, and a bottom-loading CR2032 battery. These optics are IPX7 rated and include a 30 year warranty.

As always, the latest QRCs can be found in the Google directory, link below:

Edited by Llando88

• 1 month later...

Engineering Notice 20231203 Ruger ReadyDot MRDS Quick Reference Card added

A QRC for the Ruger ReadyDot has been added to the Google drive. The QRC can be found in the "Ruger" directory.

The Ruger ReadyDot is a $99.99 MSRP, self-illuminated optic, designed for battery-less operation at typical concealed carry pistol ranges. Both body and lens are polymer. The 15 MOA red dot is fixed in both elevation and windage. The ReadyDot uses the RMSc mounting standard.

As always, all MRDS QRCs can be found at the Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xvvAl8CFsAZX8t

Engineering Notice 20231204 Ameriglo Haven MRDS Quick Reference Card added

A QRC for the Ameriglo Haven MRDS has been added to the Google drive. The QRC can be found in the "Ameriglo" directory.

The Ameriglo Haven is a $379.99 MSRP optic, available with 3.5 or 5.0 MOA red dot reticle, featuring CARRY-LOC™ (allows users to set their optic to the desired illumination brightness and then disable the illumination control buttons) and POWER PROTECT™ (smart electronics offer 12-hour runtime followed by a 12-hour, motion-activated auto-on). The body is Aluminum (waterproof to 1m for 30 min) and the lens is coated glass.

The Haven uses uses the RMR mounting standard.

As always, all MRDS QRCs can be found at the Google drive:

Edited by Llando88

This is an administrative update.

I have gone through the online Google drive and renamed the folders and file names to make access to the QRCs a bit easier if using a mobile device.

Whereas previously I had abbreviations for the manufacturers, and file names with rather cryptic acronyms, now all the optics are sorted first by maker, in folders with more descriptive names.

My intent is to allow folks to quckly find their optic without need for an actual printout.

Examples below.

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

Engineering Notice 20231208: QRC for Viridian RFX added

A new QRC for the Viridian RFX45 has been added to the Google Drive. This optic can be found in the Viridian directory.

The RFX45 is a $459 MSRP, closed emitter green dot reflex sight, featuring manual-brightness control with 8 daylight settings and 2 night vision settings. The RFX45 uses the ACRO footprint, and is IPX6 rated with a 6061 AL body.

As always, all QRCs can be found in the Google Drive: