Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MRDS Quick Reference Cards

Llando88

I'm starting to update all QRCs to Revision 9.  If you have any errors, corrections or changes that you would like to see in any specific QRC, please let me know.

My current change log so far is below.  A sample screen grab of the new background, with white font and Desert Tan background is attached.

Rev 9 update log

1. Revision 9

2. Switch to email not name

3. Consistent use of “Footprint: xxx” added

4. RMR/SRO/RMR cc: Logic/verbiage clean up

5. Background from light blue to Desert Tan (hex #b1a688)

6. Explanatory notes to white font to enhance readability

Capture.PNG

Edited by Llando88

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
This is an uplift Mini Red Dot Sight (MRDS) Quick Reference Card Series (QRC) to Revision 9.

tl;dr: To make a QRC, skip down to the QRC PDF section. Download your selected MRDS and print it without scaling. Cut out and fold over.

Release Notes:

Rev 9 QRCs include:

1. A new Desert Tan design layout
2. An additional, optic-specific, MOA Zeroing Grid in addition to the 1.0” General Purpose Grid.
3. Larger 10 point font for better readability
4. All QRC PDFs exported 2 to a page

New to Rev 9 is the Sig Sauer ROMEO3MAX.

Sample:

Name:  Capture.jpg Views: 30 Size:  73.0 KB
Note: Do not download and print this image. It is clipped and at low quality. Download and print the PDFs, below.

Expanded Release Notes

All QRCs have been refactored in the new Desert Tan layout. If you print in black and white, the Desert Tan will just resolve to a neutral gray shade, preserving contrast with the grid lines. Wording throughout has been streamlined to reduce clutter and increase clarity. QRCs now include the MRDS Footprint standard that it's base is made to.

The current Rev 9s cover the top 5, or 80%, of the most frequently used MRDS sights in USPSA Carry Optics competition, based on the USPSA 2021 Annual Issue, Volume 38, CO Equipment Survey, page 46.

Ten QRCs are currently available to Rev 9:

1. Holosun 507c
2. Holosun 507k
3. Aimpoint ACRO P-2
4. Leupold DeltaPoint Pro
5. Trijicon RMR
6. Trijicon RMRcc
7. Trijicon SRO
8. Sig Sauer ROMEO1PRO
9. Sig Sauer ROMEO3MAX
10. Vortex Venom

If your MRDS is not listed, please comment below, and I will see if I can construct one for you. Also, if you discover any errors, or significant omissions, please let me know.

Background

These MRDS QRCs are an on-going project of mine to provide me with a convenient snapshot of the key controls on my red dot (HS 507c). I created QRCs for MRDS sights I do not own, out of sharing the concept for folks who have expressed an interest in having one. I do not sell or receive any compensation for making these.

Registered Trademarks (if known) are indicated per the respective sight manufacturers, and so marked on each QRC. Unlimited verbatim copy and distribution is permitted. Information is adapted from OEM sources, but is not verified nor endorsed by any OEM. No liability for use is assumed. The user is advised to verify any content against manufacturer documentation.

Quick Reference Cards

The first 5 of the current Rev 9 QRCs are attached. To make a QRC, download the selected PDF, and print WITH NO SCALING. Cut out and fold to create a 3”x5” for pocket or range bag.

After creating your QRC, you should end up with something like this:

Name:  IMG_9701.jpg Views: 29 Size:  74.3 KB

qrc_507c_v9.pdf qrc_507k_v9.pdf qrc_aim_v9.pdf qrc_dpp_v9.pdf qrc_vor_v9.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, warpspeed said:

yes - 6 & 8 

This is a draft set up for a 6 MOA C-More RTSB V5.  If you would not mind, check the information and let me know if it is correct?  I don't own a C-more, and did this based on the online operating manual.

I can then create the 8 MOA one; the only things that will change are the labels, the MOA calculations, and the zeroing grid on side 2, otherwise it will look very similar, because the controls appear to be identical.

qrc_cmore6moa_v9.pdf

Edited by Llando88

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So a few months have passed now that the Revision 9 QRCs have been released.  I'm going to start collecting comments and any other input for changes to incorporate into a Revision 10 set.

If you've found the QRCs useful, great. If you have a comment, or suggestion on how they can be improved, please let me know and I'll take that into consideration when I generate the Revision 10 set.

Thanks for the assistance...rich