Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MRDS Quick Reference Cards

Llando88

[Added by admin:

As always, all MRDS QRCs can be found at the Google drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xvvAl8CFsAZX8t

]

I was at the range a while ago, and forgot a few specific things about how my optic worked, and I did not bring the paper manual.  It occurred to me a “Quick Reference Card” I could keep in my range bag might be handy to have for my optic, so I designed one for my MRDS.  

The QRC provides a convenient snapshot of the key controls on my red dots. I created QRCs for MRDS sights I do not own, out of sharing the concept for folks who have expressed an interest in having one.  They end up being about the size of a 3x5 card.  I added an inch grid on one side and a cm grid on the other, to help estimate group sizes.  I also computed the dot size(s) in inches per MOA for common sighting distances, and battery, mounting and customer service information is included.

I do not sell or receive any compensation for making these.  Registered Trademarks (if known) are indicated per the respective sight manufacturers, and so marked on each QRC. Unlimited verbatim copy and distribution is permitted.  Information is adapted from OEM sources, but is not verified nor endorsed by any OEM.  No liability for use is assumed, and the user is advised to verify any content against manufacturer documentation.

To make a QRC, download the PDF and print it normal size. Cut it out (you should have a piece of paper 5" wide x 6" top to bottom). Fold it over once to create a 3”x5” “Card”.  Carry or place in range bag for quick reference.

The following QRCs are available; please let me know if you are interested in one, and I will upload it.

Holosun 407c+507c

Holosun 407k+507k
Holosun 507c+507k
Holosun 407c+407k
Holosun 509T

Leupold DeltaPoint® Pro

Aimpoint® ACRO™ P-2™

Trijicon® RMR®

Trijicon SRO®

Sig Sauer® ROMEOZero

Sig Sauer ROMEO1PRO

Vortex Venom®

Swampfox Liberty and Justice

The attachments include a a sample pdf and screen shot of what they look like.

Capture.PNG

qrc_407507c_v8.pdf

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat, wish I had this when I bought a pistol with a DPP instead of having to play around to figure it out lol.

You can "laminate" them by just throwing some clear packing tape on both sides till its all covered and trim to fit.

These are great, thanks. 
Quick comment on the SRO card. 
regarding the 1 MOA click, the dot size shouldn’t matter as to how much it moves with 1 or more clicks. The center of the dot should move the same in all cases I would think. Am I missing something?

thanks. 

3 hours ago, Cuz said:

These are great, thanks. 
Quick comment on the SRO card. 
regarding the 1 MOA click, the dot size shouldn’t matter as to how much it moves with 1 or more clicks. The center of the dot should move the same in all cases I would think. Am I missing something?

thanks. 

I believe that is correct.  The manufacturers specify 1 click adjustments in windage and elevation in MOA, not "inches".  If you change MOA "up" by say 4 clicks, you are raising the average group center, but the amount it will raise will depend on the range to the target. 

The values in "inches" I provided for each size reticle are at common sighting ranges.  For example, a 32 MOA circle will be larger at 25 yards than 10 yards. I just thought it was interesting to actually compute how big a 2 MOA dot was at 25 yards, for example.

Hope this helps; I just converted to dots this year, so I am no expert.  There may be easier ways to explain this...

Wow, that was fast.  AFAIK, all of these cards are correct and much appreciated.  They are going into my range bag for reference when I can't get to the actual owners manuals as you noted in the OP.  Thanks for all of your work on these.

One correction on the Vortex Venom card.  The "footprint" of the red dot itself is the "Docter/Noblex", which is quite common and almost any optics ready handgun comes with an adapter plate for this footprint.   It does include a removable Weaver/Picatinny rail mount which is useful on most rifles, shotguns, etc.

Edited by SteelCityShooter

20 minutes ago, SteelCityShooter said:

Wow, that was fast.  AFAIK, all of these cards are correct and much appreciated.  They are going into my range bag for reference when I can't get to the actual owners manuals as you noted in the OP.  Thanks for all of your work on these.

One correction on the Vortex Venom card.  The "footprint" of the red dot itself is the "Docter/Noblex", which is quite common and almost any optics ready handgun comes with an adapter plate for this footprint.   It does include a removable Weaver/Picatinny rail mount which is useful on most rifles, shotguns, etc.

Thanks for the input; I'll make a note of that and correct it in the next round of updates.

• 2 weeks later...