MRDS Quick Reference Cards

Llando88

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I went ahead and created a preliminary QRC for the new Holosun EPS carry, announced at SHOT '22. I'll get around to making QRCs for the regular EPS, as well as their SCS model, "soon".

While doing this QRC, I noticed a few specific changes over my current EDC optic, a HS407k:

- The battery changed from a 1632 to a 1620. Still seems to be 3V though.
- The MOA change per click is now 1.5 MOA; it was 1.0 MOA per click.
- The optic is now "IPX8 Certified Waterproof".
- There are 4 NV brightness levels, vs. just 2 before.
- Holosun now lists the footprint as "Holosun "K" series."

The preliminary QRC for this optic is attached, in case of interest. As soon as they drop the User Manual on the Holosun web site (dead link at the moment) I'll confirm this data.

qrc_epsc_v10p.pdf

On 1/19/2022 at 1:37 AM, terrydoc said:

Have you got the Holosun 509t please, I have downloaded the 590tx2, is there any difference in the ref cards? 

Sorry, I missed this while the forum was down.

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking?

Preliminary version of the new Holosun SCS MOS for Glocks. Optic will offer direct (no plate) mount on Glock MOS slides, allowing OEM sight heights. Dot has no "battery" per se, but is charged by light. I expect these to ship 2Q22 based on Holosun comments from videos at SHOT 2022.

capture.jpg

qrc_scs_v10.pdf

On 2/24/2022 at 6:27 PM, terrydoc said:

Hi Mate

The 509t and the 509tx2 have different settings can you do a qrc for the 509t?

I don't currently see a 509T user manual available in my location  (USA), only the 509T-X2.  I am assuming the 509T is not a model sold here? If you can summarize the changes between a 509T-X2 and a 509T, I'll be happy to mod the 509T-X2 card.

9 minutes ago, Llando88 said:

I don't currently see a 509T user manual available in my location  (USA), only the 509T-X2.  I am assuming the 509T is not a model sold here? If you can summarize the changes between a 509T-X2 and a 509T, I'll be happy to mod the 509T-X2 card.

I wonder if this is what you are looking for?HE509T-RD-user-manual.pdf

HE509T-RD-user-manual.pdf

Pete - Maybe? I'm not sure.  If it is, the only changes I can see between the 509TX2 and 509T-RD are that the 509T-RD has only two reticle options, circle+dot, and dot, and the mounting appears not use the RMR standard footprint.  Everything else in that manual seems to check out as the same against the 509TX2 QRC.  I'll wait until @terrydoc has a chance to clarify.

6 hours ago, Llando88 said:

Pete - Maybe? I'm not sure.  If it is, the only changes I can see between the 509TX2 and 509T-RD are that the 509T-RD has only two reticle options, circle+dot, and dot, and the mounting appears not use the RMR standard footprint.  Everything else in that manual seems to check out as the same against the 509TX2 QRC.  I'll wait until @terrydoc has a chance to clarify.

That is correct< Im surprised that the 509t isnt available there. 

20 hours ago, terrydoc said:

That is correct< Im surprised that the 509t isnt available there. 

Sorry, what is correct?  Not trying to be dense, but are you asking "is there a 509T" sold in the USA? 

I'm still not clear on what you are looking for: "509T" (no suffix), available in your location (Australia?) (and if you could post a link to the 509T user manual, that would be great) or the "509T-RD" that Pete posted the manual for, a few posts up?

Edited by Llando88

I will be working to update all the Mini Red Dot Sight (MRDS) Quick Reference Cards (QRCs) to Rev 10.

These MRDS QRCs are an on-going project of mine to provide me with a convenient hard-copy reference guide of the key controls on my red dots (HS 507C and 407K). I created QRCs for MRDS I do not own, out of sharing the concept for folks who have expressed an interest in having one. I do not sell or receive any compensation for making these.

The purpose of this effort is to implement certain readability upgrades, ensure uniformity of content, and correct any errors within the Rev 9 release. Improvements planned for Rev 10 QRCs include:

- Smaller font size (8 to 7) of common title header
- Smaller font size (15 to 14) of QRC Title Blok
- Increased font size (10 to 11) of all QRC body for better readability
- Decreased emphasis on vertical right-side Grid Reference labels (will now be non-bold, 10 point)
- Consistent inclusion of footprint / body construction / waterproofness or IP specification

A sample of the work in progress is below, in the form of a Rev 10 in preliminary form for the Holosun 507C X2. It will take a while to upgrade each current QRC to Rev 10, so I will be doing these in groups, when I have time. If you have noticed any specific issues in a previous QRC, I'd appreciate knowing what they are, so it can be fixed in Rev 10.

Sample HS507C X2 at Rev 10 (preliminary):

capture.jpg

Group C is posted.

Holosun 508T
Holosun 509T
Holosun 509T-RD
Holosun 510C
Romeo 2 Pro
RomeoZero
Swampfox Liberty/Justice
Swampfox Sentinel
Vortex Venom

Note: Holosun EPS/EPS Carry and SCS QRCs will be released once HS releases the user manual for these MRDS.

qrc_508t_v10.pdf qrc_509trd_v10.pdf qrc_509tx2_v10.pdf qrc_510c_v10.pdf qrc_sfs_v10.pdf qrc_sig_r0_v10.pdf qrc_sig_r2_v10.pdf qrc_swa_v10.pdf qrc_vor_v10.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work and thanks for providing these for the BE community!

I do have some feedback on your 407K X2 cards.  You have the Footprint listed as "Shield", while in fact Holosun uses their own "Modified Shield" Footprint.  Just don't want folks using these cards to think that they can throw a 407K X2 on a adapter plate or slide cut for a Shield as it will not fit without some grinding.