• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/11/2022 at 8:47 AM, Yeti said:

Very handy.  Thanks, Llando!

You are very welcome!

On 4/11/2022 at 8:14 PM, ShredderTactical said:

Nice work and thanks for providing these for the BE community!

I do have some feedback on your 407K X2 cards.  You have the Footprint listed as "Shield", while in fact Holosun uses their own "Modified Shield" Footprint.  Just don't want folks using these cards to think that they can throw a 407K X2 on a adapter plate or slide cut for a Shield as it will not fit without some grinding.

Good point.  To be fair, a K series sight will directly screw onto a P365X without modification, but I understand what you are saying.  I'll ponder a better way to say this. 

Interestingly enough I didn't find the "footprint" on the Holosun web site or within the 507k user manual, either.  Holosun puts this rather mysterious statement in the manual: "NOTE: HS507K is compatible with some standard mounting solutions currently available. For a footprint drawing, contact Holosun."  I may shoot CS an email and see what they say or maybe they will send me this footprint drawing.

But yeah either way the current nomenclature I have for the footprint for the two k series sights isn't optimal, good catch.

Edited by Llando88

13 minutes ago, Llando88 said:

You are very welcome!

Good point.  To be fair, a K series sight will directly screw onto a P365X without modification, but I understand what you are saying.  I'll ponder a better way to say this. 

Interestingly enough I didn't find the "footprint" on the Holosun web site or within the 507k user manual, either.  Holosun puts this rather mysterious statement in the manual: "NOTE: HS507K is compatible with some standard mounting solutions currently available. For a footprint drawing, contact Holosun."  I may shoot CS an email and see what they say or maybe they will send me this footprint drawing.

But yeah either way the current nomenclature I have for the footprint for the two k series sights isn't optimal, good catch.

Below is a link to a website specializing in providing reviews on various optics used for firearms and other purposes.  They have a good overview of the Holosun footprint specs, and you can jump to drawings in their database...
https://optics-info.com/holosun-407k-507k/

I emailed HS CS a polite request. Within 48 hours, I received a detailed pdf with the drawing of the 407k/507k footprint. Due to the NDA on the email, I am not able to post it.

The main thing I wanted was to be able to verify a potential rewording of the "Footprint" line on the 407k and 507k Quick Reference Cards. Right now I just have "Footprint: Shield".  So I'm currently leaning towards the following as a change to a V10A for both QRCs:

To: Footprint: Modified RMSc:Holosun K series

Edited by Llando88

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Since the new Holosun EPS / EPS Carry MRDS are starting to ship, I did the QRCs for them based on Holosun web site information. If you see anything in error, please let me know.

These six cards cover both EPS and EPS Carry, Red and Green, in the 2 MOA, 6 MOA, and Multi-Reticle System configurations. One card covers both EPS and EPS Carry, since they differ only in width/glass, as far as I can tell.

These have all the standard V10 design features, with an update to use the reticle sight color in the main box labels (printing in color required, of course.)

Key to files:

qrc_epsg2_v10 - EPS/EPS Carry Green 2 MOA Dot QRC
qrc_epsg6_v10 - EPS/EPS Carry Green 6 MOA Dot QRC
qrc_epsgm_v10 - EPS/EPS Carry Green Multi-Reticle QRC
qrc_epsr2_v10 - EPS/EPS Carry Red 2 MOA Dot QRC
qrc_epsr6_v10 - EPS/EPS Carry Red 6 MOA Dot QRC
qrc_epsrm_v10 - EPS/EPS Carry Multi-Reticle QRC

qrc_epsg2_v10.pdf qrc_epsg6_v10.pdf qrc_epsgm_v10.pdf qrc_epsr2_v10.pdf qrc_epsr6_v10.pdf qrc_epsrm_v10.pdf

There is some confusion on my part on whether or not the new Holosun EPS/EPS carry single dot (2 MOA or 6 MOA) MRDS do / do not have solar backup.  The Holosun web site would indicate they do...but I've had some folks tell me on inspection that they do not.

If you have recently received a new EPS or EPS Carry MRDS, with the single dot (Red or Green, 2 or 6 MOA, only) reticle, could you let me know (here or PM) if it does or does not have solar backup?

TIA

Rich

Revised 10.1 versions of all six EPS/EPS Carry MRDS QRCs below. Apparently the multi-reticle versions are the only ones with Solar, so that was removed from the four single dot size models. I also added the missing "-" button control in the two MRS versions.

qrc_epsg2_v10.1.pdf qrc_epsg6_v10.1.pdf qrc_epsgm_v10.1.pdf qrc_epsr2_v10.1.pdf qrc_epsr6_v10.1.pdf qrc_epsrm_v10.1.pdf

Sigh.

Just a heads up, but it appears there is another subtle difference between the EPS and EPS Carry. I'm informed by a user that the EPS (only) has automatic and manual brightness; the EPS Carry has manual only.  Both have lockout mode, apparently.

But until I get this confirmed, by Holosun actually publishing the User Manuals so I can confirm, I'll hold off on updating these six QRCs.

14 hours ago, Llando88 said:

Sigh.

Just a heads up, but it appears there is another subtle difference between the EPS and EPS Carry. I'm informed by a user that the EPS (only) has automatic and manual brightness; the EPS Carry has manual only.  Both have lockout mode, apparently.

But until I get this confirmed, by Holosun actually publishing the User Manuals so I can confirm, I'll hold off on updating these six QRCs.

I think they should be sending you 1 of each model to “evaluate”. 

It seems odd that the carry version of the eps doesn’t have an auto brightness option. 

Still working on validating the EPS and EPS Carry options across the set of 12 sku's that represent all these optics.

I have developed the working "truth table" below. If you receive and start to use one of these optics, and have any information that would contradict what's shown here, would you let me know? Since the manuals are not yet released but some optics are, I am hoping to crowd source valid input from owners to be able to update these six QRCs more or less correctly in revision 10.2. TIA. Rich

Screenshot from 2022-08-15 18-51-52.png

• 2 weeks later...
I was able to confirm the features of the Holosun EPS and EPS Carry MRDS directly with Holosun Customer Service. I very much appreciate their assistance.

With that, I was able to create QRCs for all 12 of the Holosun EPS MRDS, including Red vs. Green, EPS vs. EPS Carry, Solar vs. no Solar, Automatic vs. Manual Brightness, each, for all three of the reticle options (2 MOA Dot only, 6 MOA Dot only, and Multi-Reticle.)

The 12 EPS QRCs are posted below, in two groups of six. The first group is the EPS Carry, second group is the EPS. Letters/numbers in the file name provide they key to which MRDS is which; 2=2 MOA Dot, 6=6 MOA Dot, m=Multi-Reticle, c=EPS Carry, r=Red, g=Green.

EPS Carry QRCs

qrc_epscg2_v10.2.pdf qrc_epscg6_v10.2.pdf qrc_epscgm_v10.2.pdf qrc_epscr2_v10.2.pdf qrc_epscr6_v10.2.pdf qrc_epscrm_v10.2.pdf

Version 10.1 of the SCS MOS-GR is released. This is the direct-mount Solar Charging Sight, that fits all Glock MOS footprints with no plate.

This update is mostly cosmetic, things like aligning optic color with text block line color, wording emendations, and validation of the QRC vs. the released User Manual. There is just the Green SCS listed at the moment, no red.

qrc_scs_gr_v10.1.pdf

• 1 month later...

Bump to request inputs; if anyone has been using a QRC for a while, in particular the 10.x release versions, could you let me know if you have any comments or corrections / updates that need to be made.  At this point I don't see a 11.x release being needed, but I will update any individual QRCs if needed.  Thanx. Rich

• 3 weeks later...

I have modified the "truth table" below with what I believe is the latest actual EPS / Carry owner input.

The key change is to assume that "all" of the MRS sights have auto brightness, but the single-MOA dots are manual, only.

Can anyone with a single dot (2 or 6 MOA) dot EPS or EPS Carry confirm that is correct for their optic?

Screenshot from 2022-11-04 08-02-13.png

The next update refreshes, as needed, the 12 Holosun EPS/EPS Carry MRDS for both red and green / 2, 6, multi-reticle QRCs, in accordance with the table above. They will be posted in two groups of six, all the red reticles together, then all the green.

• 2 months later...

This is an RFI for any changes, corrections that need to be made, or suggestions for style changes for a potential Revision 11 series update.

I've noticed that for some reason, when I switched from a previous Linux Mint (18) laptop (Acer) to a newer Gateway Desktop with the current Linux Mint (21), the instance of Libre Office I have seems to have made some changes to how the text renders in *.odg files. I use the Libre Office Draw tool which creates *.odg files, then export to PDF for publish all the QRCs. As a result, my current set of original *.odg files are a little "off", so I will need to at some point fix these.

At the same time, the cards have been out for a while now, so if there are specific things that need to be fixed, I can do that in Rev 11 over the next month or three as I go, as well.

Another consistency thing I want to incorporate is to add install torques and screws sizes, where known, for all current optic models.

Thanks...

Mil rad is a measuring system like moa. It’s finer adjustments.  

variable optics are a 1-6 style where you can change magnification. Except at different magnifications in a second focal plane scope the clicks are not what they are labeled.