Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RHT holster for Phoenix Redback

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd be in for a RHT. I ordered and received an nice holster from Bjorn Tactical all the way from Denmark for my Redback. Nice cut and shape, but the single layer of kydex feels a little thin comparatively.

10 minutes ago, CGoodwin said:

I'd be in for a RHT. I ordered and received an nice holster from Bjorn Tactical all the way from Denmark for my Redback. Nice cut and shape, but the single layer of kydex feels a little thin comparatively.

yeah the single layer feels a bit flimsy. I also found the fit to be a bit too tight. Sometimes on the draw, the forward cocking serrations were catching on the holster as well.

6 minutes ago, Blackstone45 said:

yeah the single layer feels a bit flimsy. I also found the fit to be a bit too tight. Sometimes on the draw, the forward cocking serrations were catching on the holster as well.

Great...

I've done some dry fire draws with it so far. After loosening the set screws enough to allow upside down shaking retention it draws smoothly. Heading to the range tomorrow to do some live fire drills with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, fluffybadbad said:

I just received my GX that I ordered in March. The pictures that he posted recently on the GX Facebook page are of my holster :D

Congrats! How did you order so early? I swear he only started offering them in July.

How does it fit? Every Redback holster I've used catches on the aggressive front cocking serrations, and results in a less-than-smooth draw unless you really loosen the retention. What about the GX?

13 minutes ago, Blackstone45 said:

Congrats! How did you order so early? I swear he only started offering them in July.

How does it fit? Every Redback holster I've used catches on the aggressive front cocking serrations, and results in a less-than-smooth draw unless you really loosen the retention. What about the GX?

Draws very smoothly. Have you ever had a GX holster before? Typically, you adjust it so there's little to no retention with the lever down--this is no different. I don't have any issues with the front cocking serrations catching on the holster.

I reached out to him very early on about making a mold for the Redback and asked to be put on the waitlist in the meantime.

3 minutes ago, fluffybadbad said:

Draws very smoothly. Have you ever had a GX holster before? Typically, you adjust it so there's little to no retention with the lever down--this is no different. I don't have any issues with the front cocking serrations catching on the holster.

I reached out to him very early on about making a mold for the Redback and asked to be put on the waitlist in the meantime.

No, this'll be my first. Ordered in the middle of July so it looks like I still have a bit of a wait.