Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Issues With Hiperfire PDI?

I just installed a Hiperfire PDI Black in my GMR-15 and something is way off. There is a large amount of take up in the trigger, imagine a really bad two stage, and it breaks at 10 pounds on my trigger scale.  I called Hiperfire and they didn’t have any suggestions other than to send it back in. Has anyone run into this and found a solution other than sending it back?

I am using their pins. When I mention take up in this, I am talking about an easy 1/16th or more. I am going to try the break in and see if maybe it just needs to settle down some. 

Edited by nso123

I switched to the PDI trigger, from a mil spec trigger, about a month ago. I chose the PDI, over the 24 fir the convince of the drop in design and nothing to adjust.  It was never as heavy as yours. According to my trigger gage it was almost 3lbs when new. A few hundred rounds later it is just under 2 pounds.  I really like it, but I have learned that with such a light trigger I must have a firm grip and be properly shouldered or I get bump fire. That first happened when switching switching hands & shoulder during a competition. I was on target but not fully shouldered when I put my finger on the trigger. That resulted in a 4 found burst. I checked out the trigger and all seemed fine. I was only able to replicate the “burst” when I loosely hold the firearm.  So it’s not a PRI problem but rather an operator problem. So I’ve become a lot more aware of trigger finger and now engage the safety when switching shoulders. 

Well, the PDI doesn't like the Stern Echo bolt.  Primer does not get hit.  Firing pin and spring are new.  Both of the Taccom bolts work fine.  Shot 115-124-147 ammo thru a Brekke setup.  I put the Eclipse back in because I like the Stern Echo bolt the best.

With the shoe on the bottom setting, I had a 10 pull average of 1.137.  Way too light and staring at a match DQ!  Pushing the shoe up 2 notches resulted in 2.0lbs average.  Too light of a setup for me.

12 hours ago, WxGuy said:

Well, the PDI doesn't like the Stern Echo bolt.  Primer does not get hit.  Firing pin and spring are new.  Both of the Taccom bolts work fine.  Shot 115-124-147 ammo thru a Brekke setup.  I put the Eclipse back in because I like the Stern Echo bolt the best.

With the shoe on the bottom setting, I had a 10 pull average of 1.137.  Way too light and staring at a match DQ!  Pushing the shoe up 2 notches resulted in 2.0lbs average.  Too light of a setup for me.

Wow, 1.1 is pretty crazy. 

Update...it wasn't the Stern bolt that failed with the PDI.  It's 100%.  However, the Wilson FP tip was missing!!  I guess that would make a difference!

It still doesn't change the fact that in my gun, the PDI trigger pull is too light.