Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XL750 - Camming pin slightly rubbing again spent primer bracket

New to XL750 and reloading in general. Just started assembling and watching the movement of the press. I note that the camming pin (and I used an after market bearing model from Snowshooze on Ebay) is ever so slightly brushing against the spent primer bracket.  I can tell by the vibration transmitted through the the bracket when holding it and operating the press.  Is that normal?  I am not sure how I can move the bracket or the camming pin over.  Any thoughts?

Here is a more general response than what you are looking for, my apologies:

I'd suggest getting your machine up and running with the original Dillon parts.

Get it working as designed. Get familiar with reloading. Big learning curve here.

Much to learn about reloading and your machine before you start changing things which may not need changing.

If after several thousand rounds you have an issue which can not be addressed otherwise a third party solution may be worth considering.

On 8/2/2021 at 4:49 PM, kmcdonou said:
I found my problem. The camming pin has play in it when the nut is off, Dillon or aftermarket. I moved the pin over so it wouldn't rub, and retightened the nut. Problem solved.

Can you please show on pic/video what did you do exactly..coz i have a bit of the same problem..it's not bothering me for now, but could help to solve another problem