Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger 3k question (gap between barrel and mag tube)

PKYINK

I've got a 3K on layaway and have been looking at various pictures of M3000's and 3K's and it seems most, if not all, the 3K's I'm seeing have a more pronounced gap between the barrel and mag tube than the M3000's. Is there anything I can do to fix it or is there an actual difference between the receivers I'm not aware of that causes this? Is having the gap something that 3 gunners prefer for some reason? It's def not a dealbreaker, I just don't particularly like the aesthetics. Is it just a matter of buying the right after market extension or barrel clamp? Or do I just need an M3000 forend? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

No clamp is needed and it's normal for an aftermarket tube to extend past the muzzle. You'll want to be able to have a mag tube that holds at least 9 rounds (more is usually better).

You can pretty much javelin throw the shotgun into a dump barrel and it will be fine.

On 6/21/2021 at 2:19 PM, DesertTortoise said:

No clamp is needed and it's normal for an aftermarket tube to extend past the muzzle. You'll want to be able to have a mag tube that holds at least 9 rounds (more is usually better).

You can pretty much javelin throw the shotgun into a dump barrel and it will be fine.

Yeah I'm not talking about it going past the muzzle I'm talking about the gap/open space between the barrel and tube. It seems like it's more pronounced on the 3K's. I'll see if I can figure out how to post pics of what I'm talking about. Thanks for responding.

Ok so here's a pic of a 3K with stock extended mag tube that has the gap I'm talking about and then here's 2 3000's don't seem to have it. I was initially thinking it was just a matter of getting a diff foregrip and a clamp to disguise the gap but these don't have either yet don't seem to have the same gap. I have seen 3000's that have it though so is it just a matter of some mag tubes being thicker than others? Like I said it doesn't really matter I just think it looks goofy.

3K w/ stock extension

stoeger1-670x447.jpg.8338345af3b3aa780078e31e07935d54.jpg

M3000 with Nordic Components tube

1755674166_maxresdefault(1).thumb.jpg.b1845509fea6382e9c1ed5b9f8bac425.jpg

Taran Tactical M3000. There's a gap but it's not as pronounced. I could live w/ this.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.44f3809237eb1d9fb2a680b86abc1270.jpg

Edited by PKYINK

I want mine to look like the 2nd pic above but want to add sights like this one..

e86154439ce8d226330d24c2b6c77f44.thumb.jpg.8359497e28ded63e3258f67c09eab9d3.jpg

Man I love how easy it is to upload pics on this site. Other places make you use image hosting sites and whatnot. If I'd known I would have had pics from the getgo.

Edited by PKYINK

All of the shotguns that you posted have the same (factory) handguard. It seems that your issue is solely with the thickness of the magazine tube extension. Personally, I prefer smaller diameter tubes and even have some carbon fiber ones to keep the front of the gun light so it swings faster. If you want a thick tube look at nordic components or taccom. I wouldn't recommend a tube clamp. 

As far as the sights go, I'm pretty sure there's some magnetic ones that just slap on like what you're looking for.

MOA precision is a one stop shop for the Stoeger. If I was going to do it again I'd just get a M3000 and send it to them for their custom work. If you are going to have custom work done anyway the only thing you get out of the m3k is the relocated serial number for more aggressive loading port cuts.