Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Standard CZ P10 F or Buy through CGW with the 10310 Package.

Majja

I am toying around with the idea of shooting CO, and I wanted to buy this anyway (CZ p-10 F)  For those of you that have experience with CGW is it worth ordering (form them when back in stock) with the 10310 pkg 775.00.  Or should I shop locally and then just upgrade and replace.  I am comfortable with tools and tinkering.  Please let any and all advice rain in.  As far as optic I will take suggestions on those as well SRO, Halosun, Sig ect.  

OR 

Save some more money and go with a Sig 320 X5.  

Thanks 

Matt

The only thing my P-10F needed was a flat faced trigger and that's just personal preference. 

The trigger is fine.  Just use it.  Instead of spending money on parts it doesn't need, just buy some stippling tips from OT Defense and a 25 watt soldering iron from the hardware store.  Or some 36 grit silicon carbide and any 2 part epoxy.  The grip texture, despite appearances, leaves a lot to be desired.

When it comes to optics, SRO is the only thing I put on my competition pistols and RMR is the only one I put on my carry guns.

I am considered a "cz guy". But the p10 does not have the aftermarket support level the 320 series guns do. I like shooting my P10 guns just fine, i ccw a p10f half the year. But I value having options when I want to change something. So in this case, the 320 has more value to me.  Notice this has nothing to do with monetary value or ability to perform in a match. The "other" gun just has more follow on choices.

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

I spent probably 2 hours with sand paper clearing more space between the bottom of the trigger shoe and the interior aspect of the trigger guard. I like it much better now.

Clearance the trigger guard or the trigger itself? Got pics? I just put the CGW trigger back in and have it adjusted nicely right now. 

21 minutes ago, broadside72 said:

Clearance the trigger guard or the trigger itself? Got pics? I just put the CGW trigger back in and have it adjusted nicely right now. 

the tip of my hbi trigger shoe was ever so slightly contacting the trigger guard. so i had to sand that interior portion of the trigger guard for clearance.

Thanks all I am a big fan of flat faced since I swapped that out in my open gun many many years ago.  Thanks for all the info.  I have not gotten hands on with a 10 but like the P09 and I have a few buddies with the 320s and I shoot them well.  So lots of fun options with the 320 almost like a damn AR.  Quickly becoming a lego gun.  (i like legos)

Matt

14 minutes ago, Majja said:

Thanks all I am a big fan of flat faced since I swapped that out in my open gun many many years ago.  Thanks for all the info.  I have not gotten hands on with a 10 but like the P09 and I have a few buddies with the 320s and I shoot them well.  So lots of fun options with the 320 almost like a damn AR.  Quickly becoming a lego gun.  (i like legos)

Matt

The P-10 fits the hand very, very differently than the P-09.  The grip shapes and dimensions are not even close to similar.

I have both and after giving the P-10 a 12000 round shakedown still can't shoot it at speed like I can my 09.  I traded my P-10C for an SRO and my P-10F now serves as a backup only.

I have a Glock 17 on the way to see if I stay with CZ or not.  Not interested in anything made by SIG.