Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone hear anything about the new Canik Rival?

rocket99

• 2 months later...
On 6/16/2021 at 2:06 PM, rocket99 said:

Just got a reply back from CanikUSA stating that they have no plans of bringing it to the States ☹️

Seems strange because its got the Century Arms branding stamped in the slide. Maybe that was a photoshop stock pic or something?

• 3 months later...

I'm surprised--and disappointed--Canik says, for now, that the Rival won't be coming to the United States. That model would sell here like hotcakes...well, let's change that to köfte. Maybe Europe and the rest of the world (except the USA) always get the new stuff first. If that's the case, maybe we'll just have to wait till 2023 or 2024. Let's hope the wait is not that long.  

13 minutes ago, pete627 said:

I would just settle for some magazines ... (so I could shoot my tp9sfx at a match!!). I already have a boatload of BBQ/range guns. 🙄 

I was able to pick up 6 of them. Check Scheels.com and Dunhams etc. I found mine at Scheels when everywhere else was sold out.

• 2 months later...
On 11/21/2021 at 11:39 PM, Hot-AZ-Barrel-Cactus said:

I'm surprised--and disappointed--Canik says, for now, that the Rival won't be coming to the United States. 

Yes it will!!! this is just part of their money making scheme.  Make American shooters crazy for it, then drive up the price, and sell them like hotcakes.

10 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

Yes it will!!! this is just part of their money making scheme.  Make American shooters crazy for it, then drive up the price, and sell them like hotcakes.

It’s already here lol, picking mine up tonight.

23 minutes ago, Vanniek71 said:

Will do, I had to wait to pick it up, the lady that checks in the FFL’s inventory was out yesterday :(

Nah ... they had it in the back room ... trying it out/comparing groups w/ the regular SFX ... 

Picked it up today. Really nice pistol for the money. One of the best out of the box triggers I have ever felt.

Let me reference that with, my main competition guns are tricked out Shadow 2’s with ALL the trigger work done to them and this one besides pre travel is just as nice if not a touch better (no DA first pull).

Ive got 2 TP9SFX guns with the Freedomsmith triggers and trigger work done and this factory trigger feels better! Freedomsmith gets rid of the pre travel so once I do that with this trigger it’s going to be outstanding. 

648538F7-F820-4611-A43D-96C9E385140A.jpeg