Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3K Failures to Eject

Hello.  Starting last year, I began having failures to eject mostly with Fiocchi 7/8 slugs.  The bolt will feel like it's locked back with the empty shell fully visible in the ejection port and aligned with the barrel.  After clearing the spent shell out of the way, the new round chambers normally. After having these issues, I decided to try the MOA Heavy-Bolt system.  The problem has gotten progressively worse to the point where I had the same malfunction of every stage of a match yesterday with Walmart Federal bulk pack loads that were previously 100% reliable. 

I have a number of other modifications to the gun including: MOA Lightning-Load Lifter, MOA Heavy Bolt System with Lighter Spring, TTI trigger springs, Reduced Friction Follower, and I believe I have a Benelli Extractor that was installed when I sent the gun in to Benelli for warranty work when it was brand new.  

Any thoughts on where to start troubleshooting?

Have you taken the bolt apart and checked the inertia spring? i believe the benelli m2 inertia spring is interchangeable, I'm pretty sure i put one already in my old m3k as i seem to recall it being broken in half but still working a few years ago.

On 5/24/2021 at 8:50 PM, DavidSeavey said:

Have you taken the bolt apart and checked the inertia spring? i believe the benelli m2 inertia spring is interchangeable, I'm pretty sure i put one already in my old m3k as i seem to recall it being broken in half but still working a few years ago.

Inertia spring is still in one piece.

2 hours ago, Snausages32 said:

I bought some of those same 7/8 Fiocchi slugs, and in my M3K, they won't cycle.  They eject, but my shotgun turns into a bolt action shotgun.  Have you tried using regular 1oz slugs?  With mine, the 1oz slugs work perfect.

I think I also may have had an issue with 1oz Federal Trubal when the problems first started occurring.

The thing is, the gun ran perfectly for a couple years (even with the 7/8 Fiocchi) and now it seems to be getting worse every time I shoot it.

• 1 year later...

Just an update on my gun issues.  I ended up replacing the extractor, extractor spring, and inertia spring with new Benelli parts.  I also smoothed out the extractor channel a bit more.  Since replacing these parts, I've shot around 250-rounds without a malfunction.

Edited by TalkingMonkey