Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen5 Glock 34, extended mag release?

Cuz

Can anyone confirm if the Gen5 Glock 34 comes with an extended mag release?

I honestly can't tell from looking at it.  At least my Gen3 G34 mag release is much longer than the standard mag release.

Thanks,

-Cuz

Hello, the 34 does come with a longer magazine release. It is only about 1/16" longer than the standard one. I replaced mine with one from Ghost which is plastic. Glock make one as well but they are hard to find right now. The photo shows all three. Thanks, Eric

IMG_5006.jpg

19 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello, the 34 does come with a longer magazine release. It is only about 1/16" longer than the standard one. I replaced mine with one from Ghost which is plastic. Glock make one as well but they are hard to find right now. The photo shows all three. Thanks, Eric

IMG_5006.jpg

Thanks, the Glock oem doesn't look much longer than the standard release.  I went and ordered the Ghost release so I can test them.  I didn't want to go with an aluminum one, so hopefully between the Ghost, and OEM one will work.

I ordered the Ghost model to try. Got it in yesterday but haven’t installed it yet. I don’t want one that extends back. I’m a lefty and use my trigger finger to drop the mag. I never swap around the mag release on a pistol. This way I’ll never be DQ’d for having my finger on the trigger during a reload…

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, davidb72 said:

Is an extended magazine release with the additional button legal for Production Division?

Yep, under D4, 21.6.

When Production Division became "L-10 Double-Action Minor" upon publication of the changes a couple of years ago, most things became legal, with the exception of 15-round magazines....

8 minutes ago, Braxton1 said:

Yep, under D4, 21.6.

When Production Division became "L-10 Double-Action Minor" upon publication of the changes a couple of years ago, most things became legal, with the exception of 15-round magazines....

Thank you!