Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Everglades Mount/PT Frame Fitting

bossk95

I've got a Phoenix Trinity frame that I will be drilling and tapping tomorrow.  The location of the holes in planning on is .500 from the center of the slide stop hole to the center of the rear mounting screw hole.  The mount I am using is an Everglades DDP mount.  On their website they say it is for a standard width dust cover 2011 I know the PT is wider, mine measures .930, what is the standard width so I know how much I need to remove from the pad on the mount?

29 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Or you could leave the pad alone and have it offset like the Brazos mount? A standard STI 2011 frame is about 0.830" wide. Thanks, Eric

Leaving the pad and having it off set wouldn't effect the point of impact?

Many smiths used offset mounts for 9mm major, because it was harder to tune for proper ejection.  Nowadays it doesn't matter.  At the distances we shoot at USPSA and SCSA games, it is not a problem.  Pick an intermediate range, say 18 yards.  Sight in for that and you are good to go.  Worst case the POI will be 1/10" off a zero yards, on at 18 and 1/10" off the other way at 36.

That being said, your frame is considerably wider than 'typical'.  So you have to take .015" extra off.  There may not be enough material on the pad , so even if you completely remove the pad it may not be centered.

5 hours ago, zzt said:

If you have a mill I'd still remove some material.  Otherwise the mount will stand wide of the frame and look funny.

I'm probably going to take some off after the slide has been fit, the pad they put on there is about .075 thicker than the rest of the mount if I remember right, I left it at work so I can't measure it right now.