Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier at local matches not used?

Shootingaggie

17 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Consider this. USPSA cut out one of the top people that bring new shooters into USPSA and SCSA because of that $1.50. So this may not be the best place to air this type of concern unless you dont mind becoming the person who now is the one running that match every month. 

7 hours ago, Shootingaggie said:

I would love to know more about what you are talking about. But do appreciate the concern/advice. I just don’t know a better source than these forums to learn the ins and outs of how all this works. 

He means that the USPSA is very ambitious about protecting their Intellectual Property (IP) rights and insuring that they are paid when people use it...  That means that if you call your match a USPSA match...  or use USPSA rules...  or USPSA Classifier stages...  or use USPSA divisions...  You have to pay the USPSA for that match.

@Bakerjdis jesting that when the USPSA finds out that the people/person running your matches is avoiding paying their match fees, you might become the new Match Director...  Since your four classifier matches are being paid for, and the other one classifier matches are not being paid for, someone in your club knows exactly what is going on...  It's possible that someone is pocketing the money, which could cause problems in your club along with the USPSA...  Hence your new 'promotion' to Match Director.

Find out who your Club Director is...  He will be listed in PractiScore.com if that's what you use to register for matches...  Or the USPSA web site...  Explain this to him...  He may or may not know what's going on depending on his level of interaction with your organization...  Either way he should know.

I am a bit disturbed at all the negativity towards the .org regarding the payment of match fees. Is it really not worth it to clubs to pay the classifier fee? The comments make it sound that a lot of people have grievances with HQ. I honestly would like to hear some of them, in PMs. No need to air dirty laundry in public, but it needs to get washed so to speak.

I also have my issues with how things are being run and recent (and not so recent) decisions. It seems as if the membership doesn't get much of a say in how things are going. That needs to change.