Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 750 with case feeder and bullet feeder. What all do I need?

Looking to upgrade from a 550b. Will be running only 9mm. 

What all do I need to get the 750 to run and all I have to do is pull the handle? 

It seems the Dillon 750 with case feeder and then the mr bulletfeeder and the extra short powder bar. Am I missing anything? 

Yes, a case feeder and a Mr bullet feeder and you are good to go.

I got rid of my powder check die because I seat and crimp in 2 separate stations so the original powder bar is fine.

If you are loading coated bullets separate seating and crimping dies are  the way to go.

3 hours ago, Nc1911 said:

Yes, a case feeder and a Mr bullet feeder and you are good to go.

I got rid of my powder check die because I seat and crimp in 2 separate stations so the original powder bar is fine.

If you are loading coated bullets separate seating and crimping dies are  the way to go.

Good to know! I run blue bullets so I will look into that. I like the idea of the powder check but I suppose if I just keep my eye on the press I can check for powder in the case. 

Exactly, I load BB 124 grain without problems.

Every  pull of the handle I scan the primer feed, powder drop and bullet drop.

If you have a problem, say a crimped case that stops production, pay extra attention to the progress of each case.

If you have the 550 and are upgrading to the 750 you should be fine with the casefeeder and Mr bullet feeder.  My MBF is in station 3 on my XL650 which is fine without the powder check die if you are experienced in reloading.  If not, or you use a small volume powder (titegroup) get into the habit of looking into every case.

My 2 cents: 

1. Use separate station for seating and crimping for best consistency, especially when using mixed head stamp range pick up brass. So no need for shot powder bar.

2. Look for a lighter shell plate detent ball and reduced strength spring on Ebay. Cost about $10, greatly reduce powder spill. Probably the most cost effective aftermarket upgrade.