Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What’s the best ruger mark 4 .22LR trigger?

Nick_shoots_fast

Just picked one up at a gun show and want a really nice after market trigger. 

I know there’s several options and didn’t know which one is the best. I shoot a 2011 in limited so anything that comes close to that trigger weight would be best. I’m looking for the lightest weight trigger out there. 

1 hour ago, SteelCityShooter said:

The Volquartsen "Accurizing" kit is generally accepted as the best action improvement available.  I have one in my MkIV Target and the improvement was dramatic.  

+1. Mine is great!

Volquartsen all the way.  My Mark IV 22/45 Lite came with a 6 pound trigger.  After the VQ install it's now down to 1.7 pounds.  My backup gun also has the VQ Accurizing Kit and trigger is the same weight.

If you want, you can go to VQ and buy the kit, look on E-bay and find one for about $100 or go to Tandemkross and get the kit with their Victory Trigger if you like a flat face trigger.  

On mine I stayed with the VQ trigger.  

Black Mamba Stoner Grips 11 2020.jpg

5 hours ago, AzShooter said:

Volquartsen all the way.  My Mark IV 22/45 Lite came with a 6 pound trigger.  After the VQ install it's now down to 1.7 pounds.  My backup gun also has the VQ Accurizing Kit and trigger is the same weight.

If you want, you can go to VQ and buy the kit, look on E-bay and find one for about $100 or go to Tandemkross and get the kit with their Victory Trigger if you like a flat face trigger.  

On mine I stayed with the VQ trigger.  

Black Mamba Stoner Grips 11 2020.jpg

Does the flat trigger have over travel adjustments? I would love the VQ kit but with a flat trigger

I have a MKIV 22/45 Lite with the VQ accurizing kit and the TK flat trigger. Love it. Installed it in a friends gun as well. The TK trigger has pre-travel and over travel adjustments. The plastic on the over travel screw doesn't like brake cleaner. I shoot double stack Para 1911's with 2.5lb triggers and the break on the VQ/TK combo is more crisp than my 1911's.  

Put the VQ kits in my wife’s Light and my std mk4. It was a little light in hers at just under 2 lbs so I just used the factory sear spring which made it right at 3lbs. Over travel and shorter reset is greatly improved. 

Edited by Farmer
Dang Spell chech