Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super 1050 vs RL 1050 Tool Head

20 hours ago, SnipTheDog said:

What's the difference?  I have a tool head that doesn't fit my 1050 correctly.  Either the shaft between station 8 and 1 is bent, or it's just for a different machine.

Are you referring to the alignment pin which extends down through the shell plate and ensures the tool head is indexed correctly?

2 hours ago, ddc said:

Are you referring to the alignment pin which extends down through the shell plate and ensures the tool head is indexed correctly?

Correct, the shaft alignment pin doesn't align correctly.  If i switch over to my 9mm tool head, it works perfectly.  The alignment shaft is a press-in part, so I'd probably need to send it back to Dillon if it's really the problem.

Here's a video of the bent index pin:  https://gfycat.com/flawedsnarlingjaeger

Here's a 9mm tool head that works perfectly in the same 1050:  https://gfycat.com/vigorousadvancedhippopotamus

Edited by SnipTheDog
Update

It wouldn't be the first time that someone had to adjust that pin by giving it a wack with a soft mallet or a block of wood and a hammer.

Is this a tool head that has worked ok in the past?

43 minutes ago, ddc said:

It wouldn't be the first time that someone had to adjust that pin by giving it a wack with a soft mallet or a block of wood and a hammer.

Is this a tool head that has worked ok in the past?

First time getting around to using the toolhead.  I'm pretty sure it was a 2nd hand part.  Giving a hard whack is okay, but I'd really just rather get it fixed right.

14 hours ago, SnipTheDog said:

First time getting around to using the toolhead.  I'm pretty sure it was a 2nd hand part.  Giving a hard whack is okay, but I'd really just rather get it fixed right.

I get it. 

Dillon is hard to get a hold of these days.

I've had better luck calling them and then selecting the "call back" option.

I've submitted warranty request tickets via the web site that have never been responded to after weeks (and weeks...).

I've stopped trying to use that "feature".

48 minutes ago, ddc said:

I get it. 

Dillon is hard to get a hold of these days.

I've had better luck calling them and then selecting the "call back" option.

I've submitted warranty request tickets via the web site that have never been responded to after weeks (and weeks...).

I've stopped trying to use that "feature".

Couldn’t agree more.

I decided to call and did the call back option last Monday for my broken super Swage 600 and received a call back within an hour. The rep was nice and very professional. Took my info and issued me an RMA to send it back to them for repair/replacement.

Edited by George16