Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hi guys

I should know the rule on this, but I'm still not sure. I shoot Open and I know you can have a bipod on your gun, but can you put it on and take it off in the same match? I think you can. I've never had one and with Ft. Benning coming up it looks like I'm going to need one.

Ronnie

USPSA and IPSC rules only state that "if a bipod is attached, it must be folded closed to start the stage". Nowhere does it say that it cannot be removed from, or added to the rifle at any time, even during the stage!

Ft. Benning 3G is using USPSA 2004 Rifle rules IIRC.

In other words, anything not expressly forbidden is expressly permitted ;-)

--

Regards,

Doesn't state in IPSC Rifle rules

S'Truth. I ask forgiveness for my mistake :(

BTW, if any USPSA/IPSC RO said that the Bipod had to stay on/off for the whole match, he needs to go back to RO 101 ASAP ;-)

--

Regards,

Doesn't state in IPSC Rifle rules

BTW, if any USPSA/IPSC RO said that the Bipod had to stay on/off for the whole match, he needs to go back to RO 101 ASAP ;-)

What about: USPSA Rifle rule

5.1.8 A competitor who substitutes or significantly modifies a rifle and/or sights during a match without the prior approval of the Range Master will be subject to the provisions of Section 10.6. (which is the your out of here rule)

MHearn

Bipod has been determined (by precedent at major USPSA matches) to be a detachable accessory like a sling. In fact, just like a magazine too, which you are free to start with, or without (!) and change at your pleasure, no difference.

i would like some help on the ruling,if you start with a bipod on your rifle can you take it off to shoot other stages in the match?

thanks

r cash

[note: Two threads on the same subject were merged and placed in the correct (this) forum]

Edited by Flexmoney

i would like some help on the ruling,if you start with a bipod on your rifle can you take it off to shoot other stages in the match?

thanks

r cash

[note: Two threads on the same subject were merged and placed in the correct (this) forum]

yep, sure can-as a matter of fact, you could use more than one bipod, of different sizes, throughout a match-seen it done.