Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2021 Single Stack Classic at PASA

• 2 months later...

Only 19 spots still open for the match. Sadly, I won't be able to attend this year (again!) and, before you all ask, the bouts of a-fib with my heart have been largely contained, the laser retina repair also seems to be holding up well, but I've recently developed some balance issues that seem to be due to as yet undiagnosed inner ear problems. I had a complete hearing and balance test done earlier this week and a CT scan done this morning so, hopefully, we'll know something soon. Best wishes to all those who will be on the range at PASA. Stay safe and good shooting.

On 5/7/2021 at 5:59 PM, Distant Thunder said:

Only 19 spots still open for the match. Sadly, I won't be able to attend this year (again!) and, before you all ask, the bouts of a-fib with my heart have been largely contained, the laser retina repair also seems to be holding up well, but I've recently developed some balance issues that seem to be due to as yet undiagnosed inner ear problems. I had a complete hearing and balance test done earlier this week and a CT scan done this morning so, hopefully, we'll know something soon. Best wishes to all those who will be on the range at PASA. Stay safe and good shooting.

Sorry to hear about your health issues.

On that note, have your doctor or endocrinologist done any Thyroid tests? I ask because when I was having balance problems, heart palpitations (115-120 bpm resting heart rate which was initially diagnosed as Afib) and weight loss, the doctor did some tests (bloodwork and CT-scan) on my thyroid and my enzymes were off the roof. Once he gave me meds to lower my thyroid enzymes (T3, T4 and TSH), my balance problems and heart palpitations went away. I’m have also gained back the weight I lost plus some 😁.

Thyroid is good and the CT scan came back as normal so the next step will be a trip to the neurologist, but that won't happen before the first of next month. Oh, it looks like I'll be needing hearing aides as well. As my teammate Reggie used to say, "Another day above ground."

• 2 weeks later...