Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

whats going on with dillion

I’ve noticed that the OP hasn’t replied since this thread took a left at the Tasty-Freeze. Maybe everyone scared him off or he just dug out his hand primer and got to work. That’s what I’d do if I needed ammo! 😃

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/5/2021 at 9:13 AM, Miranda said:

Hi Pjb45,

you appear to be taking comments about Dillon personally.  a heads up is why I said it.

I read of the many manufacturing ideas and complex systems as examples

for programming computers.

I do not like a lot of the principles found in JIT.

And if you look at a Dillon 650/750 as an example of JIT,

you can see the merits of such a manufacturing system.

Along with the problems associated with hiccups, in that same process.

I truly do not know how big Dillon is as a manufacturing concern.

thus I don't know how much benefit they will get from JIT.

miranda

I am taking it personally but on about the same as other issues. You're right on that account. I did the same thing for a few other companies that I deal with personally.  I see the bias too.

I know and shoot with some of the folks who work at Dillon.  They are tremendous supporters of our matches.  They are very concerned about customer service issues, it bothers them that they cannot immediately meet everyone's needs. 

I don't like seeing a dog kicked when it down--so to speak.  So yes, I do defend them when clueless  people start bad mouthing them and attacking their  professionalism.

On 3/5/2021 at 9:08 AM, Tom S. said:

LOL.  The growing number of complaints on this and other boards is proof that Dillon doesn't work, at least not now.  My conversation with you is ended.  As dad used to say, it's not right to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person, though I'm sure he borrowed that quote from someone else.

Anecdotal observations are not statistically valid proofs.  Talking bobble heads are just as factual.

I invoke Gman Bart theorem. 

I've had very good support from Dillon even through the covid bs.  Their product was shipped a little slower than before covid, but they kept me posted and didn't gouge me on prices.  Maybe it was a mistake (they happen) or maybe there's more to the original story.

at some point you have to make decisions with what you know.

Dillon is from all I can tell an unusual company.

straight forward in products, availability, and customer service.

I have no reason to think any of that has changed.

I'd hate to think anyone would call this jaundiced cranky character a fanboy

I do not think that Dillon makes the best of everything...

However, it is a rare reloading item that I don't compare to Dillon's offering.

ammo boxes spring to mind....

I expect Dillon will continue.

our current economic crisis is across the board.

miranda

On 3/3/2021 at 3:28 PM, Nolan said:

It's not just in the reloading industry, it's in every industry.

Here's an interesting read from the Outdoor Wire about the RV industry.

https://www.theoutdoorwire.com/features/d7bd8427-40bf-43b1-98eb-149847568907

I work in the Electronics Automated Test Equipment industry and getting parts made or buying off the shelf parts has been very difficult, many distributors are backlogged, out of stock, or sometimes have gone out of business, world-wide.

Nolan

A friend is an OEM Supplier to the RV industry.  He is swamped.  One of his clients has already done $1B in RV rentals.  The industry predicts an even better year.

Funny you mention RV stuff. Friend of mine was just telling me that he was having trouble finding an AGM battery for his boat. When he finally did he asked the guy why so much trouble with finding the batteries. The dealer said it was because of a shortage of plastic for the cases. I figured it was because of all the “off grid” people buying them up. Could be a little bit of both.