Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for 3D Printed Bullet Feeder .stl files for AmmoMike83 bullet feeder

On a reddit forum there was a discussion about this.  The original posting was taken down due to a copyright challenge, but there's a link to a "mod" that supposedly has all of the original parts as well:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3207921

I've never done this project so I have no idea if everything is there, so you'll have to figure it out.

• 2 months later...

The latest on this can be found at the castboolits forum. 

TylerR has a link in his signature to the latest files. Note that these are not interchangeable with the AM feeder, they are updates based on his design though. 

I’ve built both the bullet and brass collators, and have zero complaints. 

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?354324-Making-that-Bullet-Collator/page216

The reloading discord also has a pretty strong 3d printing channel that discusses the collator in depth and Tyler is part of that ground. They are demoing a larger one now but only for the biggest of 3d printers.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 10:39 PM, Chris51080 said:

The latest on this can be found at the castboolits forum. 

TylerR has a link in his signature to the latest files. Note that these are not interchangeable with the AM feeder, they are updates based on his design though. 

I’ve built both the bullet and brass collators, and have zero complaints. 

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?354324-Making-that-Bullet-Collator/page216

Thats a pretty solid remix.  I have printed a self modified version of the AM feeder and it works really well, but this is superior.  The only thing I did maybe a little better was my electronics.  I really like the fact that he has included the SCAD for making new parts fairly easily.  

13 hours ago, Chris51080 said:

What did you do to the electronics? 

I did a minor deviation to the proximity sensor wiring schematic, so that all power is shut off at the switch instead of leaving the sensor constantly energized. 

I used a master power switch, and put in the reverse on a separate switch.  I do use a relay board and LEDs for sensing.  I guess it still works the same, I just have a master power.  I also used a much better motor than the standard cheap worm drives.  They list the one from Grainger which is almost a direct copy of the one MBF uses, but its pricey.  Im using a straight drive motor that sticks out the bottom further, but is definitely built better than the standard cheap worm drives in use like the one on my Karl Bibb feeder, for about the same price.