Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chiappa Rhino "Competition" Trigger Job

matteekay

6 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

I am really thinking about trying a Rhino finally. Has anyone tried the new Match Master 60DS? What are the best competition upgrade parts to get and where do I find them? thanks

N

Lol.

That trigger upgrade I describe? That's it. No one makes parts other than Chiappa, and they won't sell you the competition trigger components (they have to install them for you). They also won't sell you a number of internal parts unless you're a FFL.

I'd skip the Match Master and go with the Charging Rhino Gen II if the gun is going to be a range toy and/or for ICORE Limited 6. It starts with a good trigger and offers some at-home customizability, but it doesn't play in other sports because none of them are conducive to 6 rounds of 9mm. I've also never been a fan of those rib sights unless you're shooting PPC or Bullseye.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Blue bullets has a 165 .40 r n.

I threw a couple of those on top of my standard 180gr charge (which is about a 169 PF). It dropped the power factor down to around 140 with noticeably less recoil. I'd definitely run that if I shot ICORE consistently.

Edit: Nope, sorry, it was the ACME 140gr LRN. My memory failed me (getting old sucks).

Edited by matteekay

6 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

K I got a bone-stock 60DS coming my way. I read that you did some bending to tune the stock one you had, and it smoothed out with range time. Anything you recommend I do? Mine will be new

See if Chiappa has any of these parts in stock and order multiple (numbers correspond to their diagram😞

• Mainspring (#12)
  • Hammer Bearing or Steel Ring (I forget what they call it; the little metal ring that fits over the trigger linkage and goes into the hammer) (#22)
  • Sideplate screws (#9)
  • Trigger return / cylinder release spring (they use the same one) (#33)

These parts are all cheap when they're in stock. When they're not, they're usually gone for a looooong time and you can expect to overpay for them if you can find them on eBay or GB. None of these should break on their own but you may lose a bearing/spring or mangle a screw if you take the gun apart frequently. 

Otherwise, shoot it a bunch (and/or dry-fire with snap caps). It'll wear in and smooth out a bit for you. You'll probably also want to change the grips as the stock units are razor thin/sharp toward the bottom. Hogue's big butt profile is easily the best option.

Oh, and I did try bending the mainspring and managed to get the trigger pull down a smidge. The hard thing is that one spring is driving both the hammer fall and the trigger return so adjustments are always relative to each other and you can't change them independently.