Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Listening to music while practicing!

Nick_shoots_fast

I’ve found last year that doing this really helps to keep the good vibes going!  Every year towards the end of the season I fight burn out cause I’ll go so hard starting in February. Music really helps fighting the burn out for me!  

eben during a match I found that music helps take the edge off. 

1 hour ago, Degnan said:

Agree.  Dislike the fun police at matches that ask for the music to be turned off.  What is this golf?

Music on during a match that isn’t confined to your ears only? That won’t fly. There are too many things that actually need to be heard 

1 hour ago, Atlasguy321 said:

I have a Bluetooth speaker that I’ll bring. 

And you’d be asked to turn it off. Literally every person I know who shoots USPSA would ask that it be turned off if they could hear it while ROING or shooting

21 minutes ago, Sarge said:

And you’d be asked to turn it off. Literally every person I know who shoots USPSA would ask that it be turned off if they could hear it while ROING or shooting

LOL!  While wearing ear pro!

That's why I like the 3 Gun guys.  We have one guy who brings an Urban (no ghetto) Blaster built into his cart and the entire squad rocks out all day.  He parks his cart back away from the start position far enough that it is just background music, not club loud.

On 11/21/2020 at 3:10 PM, Sarge said:

Guess we have to ask the bays on either side of us to stop shooting loud guns, so the RO can continue ROing...

2 hours ago, Degnan said:

Guess we have to ask the bays on either side of us to stop shooting loud guns, so the RO can continue ROing...

Not even close to the same thing. It’s a shooting match after all. Not a concert

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve played AC/DC during stage walkthroughs before. It’s fun and has been fairly well received. 

I do like music during dry fire though. It can help keep the energy up. 

I don’t do music when I’m working with shot timers or par timers.