Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO conversion

Tnbb33

I have two Tac Sport slides that have been fitted to work with an SP01 Shadow frame, but it will also still work on a TS/TSO.  Both of them are .40 caliber slides that have both a .40 and 9mm conversion barrel (or maybe the regular 9mm barrel just fits in)...and it works fine with 9mm.  Only thing you should probably do (aside from appropriate recoil springs) is do a little fitting/honing of the extractor to have more 'grab' for the smaller 9mm cases.

The portion that needs some honing is marked in red here....10094.jpg

Member Himurax13 would be a good source of info on this...I bought one of said slides from him.  Got another milled for an optic from CZ Custom.  With this, I can shoot both 9mm and .40 using the same CZ75B/SP01 magazines.  If buying the 9mm barrel new some fitting may have to be done on it as well.

(Earl....)

Edited by MoRivera

6 minutes ago, Lowsc3 said:

Is the extractor and ejector any different ?

The 9mm extractor is different than the 40 extractor. However, you're converting a 40 to 9mm and the entire slide is different. I've have no problems with 9mm extraction with a 40 extractor. I wouldn't change out the extractor unless I absolutely had to.

1 hour ago, Lowsc3 said:

Is the extractor and ejector any different ?

As I mentioned above, the .40 extractor can be slightly shaped so that it has a more reliable 'grab' on the 9mm rims, but from the sound of it it isn't crucial.  I just like having the extra assurance.

Edited by MoRivera