Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super Swage/Casefeeder Mod

Maybe not so much a super swage mod, but an easier way to feed it.

I'd run with a spring element to flip the case from the case holder rod into a bucket for a while now.  I would gather up a bunch of cases in my left hand, with the right orientation, and put them through the super swage.

Not bad, but feeding was obviouly interrupted by grabbing, and an aligning, a bunch more cases.

I had a thought that if I could present a single case in a way that I could easily pick it up and introduce it to the SS, that would be great.

Even better if I could make something that was fed by my case feeder.

A couple ideas later, and some inspiration from a someone one that casehead down vs trying to present the case mouth down, would work, I picked up some small cpvc pipe, and bent a section with a straight length to connect to the case feeder.  I cut the end section in half for a about a case length to give me a "tray".  I used a wally molly toggle as my case stop.  

Seems to work pretty well.

IMG_7129.jpg

To bad you could not make the cases come down the other way down then you could make a setup to pick up the brass with the rod kind of similarly to a primer feeder then you would just have to pull the brass off after swaging and rotate the rod down to pick up another one. 

On 11/9/2020 at 4:40 PM, Davecoff13 said:

To bad you could not make the cases come down the other way down then you could make a setup to pick up the brass with the rod kind of similarly to a primer feeder then you would just have to pull the brass off after swaging and rotate the rod down to pick up another one. 

I did find a way to feed mouth down, but I would have had to relocate the casefeeder stop because the transition from mouth up to mouth down would jam up if you just let it keep feeding until the whole tube was full.  Might be other ways to flip the case, but they weren't evident. Feeding onto the rod but having the feeding device index out of the way to remove the case looked to be a challenge.  Maybe if you removed the case from the rod before it was back fully up to the feed position?  I think it's doable but is certainly a more complex system.