Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Staccato XC -V- Staccato P DUO

old558

Just wondering if anyone who has both or has shot both, how much better is the XC and is it worth the difference in price? I already have the P DUO and like it a lot  but wonder if I should have gotten the XC.

I just would use these for fun guns not for duty or carry.

I've shot both numerous times. The XC is definitely the flatter shooting gun, and awesome to shoot. As an added plus the XCs that I've shot have had no feeding issue with any type of factory ammo. Not sure what the price difference on the two guns is, but if you are able to go to one of the STI demo days, it would be worth it to try out just to see for yourself.

I've got several thousand rounds through two DUO P pistols.  a 4.15" and 4.45" pistol.  They have been extremely reliable, but the 4.45 inch gun shoots a tad  softer and flatter.  The XC is a cool pistol, but really doesn't fit any sport and is too big to be a realistic carry gun.  I know Matt shoots one a bunch, but I'm not sure why.....

Thanks for the replys. I understand that there isn't a good place for these in compition as they would be  open class. I mostly shoot steel challenge and I have a long way to go before they would hurt my scores. As I said these would be for fun.

If you hold both guns next to each other and shoot them, the XC will be way nicer. 

if you are shooting them in an action sport, I really doubt you’ll notice the difference. 

I shot a quick stage with my staccato C2 duo and then shot it with a XC and didn’t even notice it while I was shooting. 

I don’t think they are worth it. Get the duo. 

5 hours ago, geraldskip said:

If you hold both guns next to each other and shoot them, the XC will be way nicer. 

if you are shooting them in an action sport, I really doubt you’ll notice the difference. 

I shot a quick stage with my staccato C2 duo and then shot it with a XC and didn’t even notice it while I was shooting. 

I don’t think they are worth it. Get the duo. 

Good information thank you.

Also thanks everyone for your input.