Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Gray Guns Full Size 4.7" P320 Hotness-

Posvar

Has anyone seen or handled one of the builds that they are doing? They are taking the shorter P320 4.7" slide and installing their own fat bull barrel. I have watched a few videos of Isaac Lockwood shooting his new GG P320 versus the Legions and X5 models and was quite astonished by how good it is. Anyways I have an old P320 full size I will be sending in to get the full spa treatment. Will update when it is back. 

Edited by Posvar

11 hours ago, KindredGhost said:

Looks good! I’m curious though... is taking out the pre-travel in the p320 trigger unsafe? 

Kg

If he truly has evidence that an aftermarket trigger bypasses internal safeties as he says, then I'd like him to be specific.  I can only speak for the Apex trigger (trigger shoe and trigger bar in my case) as far as first-hand experience goes.  Pulling the slide off my X5 I can see exactly how the internals are interacting.  When the trigger is at rest the safety lever is resting on the forward edge of the sear housing, just like it does with the factory trigger and trigger bar.  As I pull the trigger to the rear there is some take up (it's not completely eliminated), and the safety lever rises as the sear lowers.  Based on my understanding of the FCU nothing indicates a bypass of the internal safeties so he must not be referring to Apex.  If he is, then I'd like to hear his explanation.

16 hours ago, Posvar said:

Has anyone seen or handled one of the builds that they are doing? They are taking the shorter P320 4.7" slide and installing their own fat bull barrel. I have watched a few videos of Isaac Lockwood shooting his new GG P320 versus the Legions and X5 models and was quite astonished by how good it is. Anyways I have an old P320 full size I will be sending in to get the full spa treatment. Will update when it is back. 

Do you have a link?  Curious, and I cannot seem to find it on their site or YouTube.

2 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Do you have a link?  Curious, and I cannot seem to find it on their site or YouTube.

Saw it on his personal Facebook. I think GG also posted it. Pretty amazing to see 

20 hours ago, KindredGhost said:

Looks good! I’m curious though... is taking out the pre-travel in the p320 trigger unsafe? 

Kg

If we are talking about Gray Guns offerings, there will be no take-up adjustment with GG equipment.

I believe that Bruce Gray wants anything that GGI sells to be drop-safe.

BTW, that video was unwatchable for me.

Maybe it was that he had the volume all wonky ?

4 minutes ago, DirectDrive said:

If we are talking about Gray Guns offerings, there will be no take-up adjustment with GG equipment.

I believe that Bruce Gray wants anything that GGI sells to be drop-safe.

BTW, that video was unwatchable for me.

Maybe it was that he had the volume all wonky ?

I just watched it and it worked fine for me on iPhone 

• 2 weeks later...

When speaking with Gray Guns this week it seems like it will be awhile until these builds are ready for mass production. They are hoping to get the slide work automated to reduce hand fitting etc. Looking forward to getting mine!