Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 2nd Annual Targeting Education Tournament - Michigan

OK people, last year was such a success that we are announcing the 2'nd Annual Targeting Education Charity Match for 2006. Here are the details:

10 Stages + Chrono + Side Match

Approximately 200 Rounds

Host Club: Raccoon Hunters (MI15) Romulus, Michigan (Located 5 miles from Detroit Metro Airport)

Rangemaster: Paul Hernandez

Match Director: Jeff LaFave

Cost: $90 / $45 for Juniors

Date: July 28, 29, 30 (Staff Shoots on Friday the 28th)

Format: One Day

Link for future details (after January): raccoonhunters.org

We have assembled a great cast of stage designers from right here on the BE forums to insure that this match is one of the funnest, most challenging matches you will ever shoot! We will also be featuring national staffing for this match to be sure that all runs smoothly and the competitors have a safe match with the best officials available. Be sure to put this on your calendar for 2006, as it will be a great time. This will be a plaque and trophy match.

This match is to benefit the Agnus D'ei scholarship fund (It is a great cause!!!). We will have the kids there working concessions, and taping, and of course, the nuns will be there too. We're gonna try to get one of 'em to belt up this year and show us how its done!!! Travis Tomasie and Max Michel will once again be doing a class in conjunction with this event. Applications will be available after January 1'st, and we will be accepting them after that date. I will post here as more details are ironed out.

We look forward to seeing you!!!

Jeff LaFave

MD ;)

PS Testimonials from last years event participants are welcome on this thread. Thanks!!!

Edited by Barrettone

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope...Not an issue. Just try and keep 'em 45-75 degrees from your intended shooting position if possible. It isn't mandatory, but it will help keep 180 violations down and help keep the peace with the IDPA people in the club. I just don't want people shooting right on the 180. Will that work???

Jeff

Edited by Barrettone

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

***Update***

OFFICIAL USPSA MATCH AMMO BEING OFFERED AT THIS MATCH!!!

Precision Delta will handle any of your match ammo needs if you are travelling in from out of town. This ammo will have a "delared" power factor, so there will be no worries at chrono if you use it. Please go to: http://www.uspsa.org/ammo/ to place your order. I would like to than Rob Boudrie for his help in getting Targeting Education recognized for the USPSA match ammo program! Remember, we are only 5 minutes away from Detroit Metro Airport, so flying in, shooting, and getting out will be quite easy. I hope to see you there!!!

Jeff LaFave

MD

Edited by Barrettone

I will be there chasing after Gary Stevens in Limited 10 since he handed my butt to me last year.

Working as match staff, I think I have the chrono, which will be good because the nice weather Jeff planned last year was kinda of well suprising.

Edited by sbmd

• 1 month later...

Max Michel will be offerring a novice and an advanced class in conjunction with the Targeting Education match. :D

You can go to his website at: maxmichel.com for further details and to register.

Or call: Max Michel: 504-495-1432

Get those match apps in...the matches are filling up fast this year!!! :o:unsure:

Jeff ;)

• 1 month later...

Jeff, is there a match hotel? How many people do you have registered so far?

OK people, last year was such a success that we are announcing the 2'nd Annual Targeting Education Charity Match for 2006. Here are the details:

10 Stages + Chrono + Side Match

Approximately 200 Rounds

Host Club: Raccoon Hunters (MI15) Romulus, Michigan (Located 5 miles from Detroit Metro Airport)

Rangemaster: Paul Hernandez

Match Director: Jeff LaFave

Cost: $90 / $45 for Juniors

Date: July 28, 29, 30 (Staff Shoots on Friday the 28th)

Format: One Day

Link for future details (after January): raccoonhunters.org

We have assembled a great cast of stage designers from right here on the BE forums to insure that this match is one of the funnest, most challenging matches you will ever shoot! We will also be featuring national staffing for this match to be sure that all runs smoothly and the competitors have a safe match with the best officials available. Be sure to put this on your calendar for 2006, as it will be a great time. This will be a plaque and trophy match.

This match is to benefit the Agnus D'ei scholarship fund (It is a great cause!!!). We will have the kids there working concessions, and taping, and of course, the nuns will be there too. We're gonna try to get one of 'em to belt up this year and show us how its done!!! Travis Tomasie and Max Michel will once again be doing a class in conjunction with this event. Applications will be available after January 1'st, and we will be accepting them after that date. I will post here as more details are ironed out.

We look forward to seeing you!!!

Jeff LaFave

MD ;)

PS Testimonials from last years event participants are welcome on this thread. Thanks!!!

Hey Larry, bring a Single Stack 1911(that is where I'll be) and you can have a re-match. And just for the record, I only handed Larry's butt to him, no other activities were involved :lol:

I just taught an RO class at this club. They have a great facility and some really nice folks that took the class. I have high hopes to have an Area 5 match there in a year or two.

Gary

The match Hotel is:

Best Western International Room Rate $65 US per night Block Code is: RACCOON

9191 Wickham

Romulus, Michigan 48174

(734)-728-2800

www.bestwestern.com

As of right now I have 60 applications.

Cheers,

Jeff LaFave MD

Edited by Barrettone

• 4 weeks later...
We're limiting it to 200 slots since we don't want squad sizes to be too large (7-8 people per squad). Things should move smoothly that way. ;)

Jeff

Jeff,

Are we able to view the squads or somehow find out who we're squadded with? I'm not looking to change squads, just curious. I'm taking Max's class so I know one person with me. Thanks Jeff.

Jason

Edited by jasmap

We're limiting it to 200 slots since we don't want squad sizes to be too large (7-8 people per squad). Things should move smoothly that way. ;)

Jeff

Jeff,

Are we able to view the squads or somehow find out who we're squadded with? I'm not looking to change squads, just curious. I'm taking Max's class so I know one person with me. Thanks Jeff.

Jason

We did not do online squadding, so it is not possible for you to view who is on your squad. I also need to get a final class list from Max, as not everybody seems to remember to put that on their application. As we get closer (early July), I will be sending out an email to you individuals showing your squadmates. ;)

DVC,

Jeff

Jeff

Jeff,

Jason

We did not do online squadding, so it is not possible for you to view who is on your squad. I also need to get a final class list from Max, as not everybody seems to remember to put that on their application. As we get closer (early July), I will be sending out an email to you individuals showing your squadmates. ;)

DVC,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who haven't signed up yet for the Targeting Education Match, the Sunday slots are filling fast, and I want everybody to get their requested day. Here is a link to the webpage with the match application and all pertinent info: raccoonhunters.org. When you register, you will receive hotel information as well as all the details (directions, hotels, etc...) for attending the match. Targeting Education is being hosted by Raccoon Hunters, the Michigan Sections newest club. It is a 10 bay facility with everything you could ever want in a pistol club including concessions, air-conditioned offices for stats, and all stone floor ranges with excellent drainage. Please come check out Michigans new premeir shooting facility!!! B)

DVC,

Jeff LaFave

Targeting Education MD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Applications are pouring in now since the match hit Front Sight this month...So get those apps in quickly!!!

Targeting Education wants to welcome the following sponsors:

Glock USA

Target Barn

Competitive Edge Dynamics (CED)

Brownells

Starline

STI

Montana Gold

Firing Line

Northwest Guns and Ammo

CED has generously donated half of the NEW! CED 7000 timers for our match (10 of them!!!). Charles Hardy has gone WAAAYYY beyond anything I had ever expected by including the colored cases, additional powerpacks, lanyards and armbands. We will be giving them all away at the end of the match in a competitor and/or staff drawing. If you ever see him at a match, be sure to thank him for all he does for our sport!!! This was an incredibly generous donation for this childrens school charity match!!!

Stay tuned for more updates... ;)

Edited by Barrettone

• 2 weeks later...

<Bump>

We will be selling junior raffle tickets at this match, so if at all possible, please try to help support our junior program. They give away a LOT of cool prizes and it goes to a worthy cause. This match is about kids, and getting them involved in the shooting sports.

DVC,

Jeff ;)

As promised, I have a PDF file below that contains a competitor list, squadlist, and gives you an idea of who is shooting when. I still have to key in about a dozen more appications. Travis Tomasie, KC Eusebio, Lee Dimaculangan, Doni Spencer, and about 6-8 other stragglers. We should top out at about 120-140 competitors by match time. I'll try to post again before match time, but we are in the final stretch, and time is a commodity right now.

DVC,

Jeff

post-2912-1153090452.jpg

post-2912-1153090621.jpg

post-2912-1153090686.jpg

post-2912-1153090862.jpg

post-2912-1153090969.jpg

post-2912-1153091302.jpg

Edited by Barrettone