Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help! New 1100 and new M7 drive initial set up issues

I know there are a few running the M7 drive on the 1100, hopefully someone can provide the insight needed to get this to run!  I just got my new 1100 in today and am trying to hook it up with my brand new M7 drive.  The instructions do not mention the 1100 mounting instructions (edit confirmed that they have a new instruction image, not included in the manual that says the 1100 goes in the super holes, and use the hole with the dot for the link bar, that is what i did).  No matter what clutch setting is used from 3-20 i can not get passed the de-priming stage on once fired 38sc lubed brass with out the clutch activating.  I have several videos on the following link showing how the servo seems to have a constant load on it and it super sensitive to even the slightest touch on the belt.  I want to get this to work, but i don't know what else to do.  Even on clutch 20 i cant load a single round.  brand new 1100 that runs fine on its own, and a brand new M7 that wont let brass get more than 1/2 way into the die with out locking up

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8e043sjbvhl8q/

Edited by evilbeef54

11 hours ago, dansedgli said:

Did you put the belt on according to instructions? I cant remember them but they were specific. 

Does it cycle with no brass?

yes, and yes, the instructions weren't super clear about the 1100, only listing the super 1050 or the RL 1050, but they sent a newer picture of the instruction that shows the fwd and left holes on the base plate for the 1100 mount, and says to use the hole with the dot for the link bar, ensuring that the shell plate if fully up, set the gear on with the dot up then rotate to meet the bolt holes for the link bar, bolt it up, inset the set screw, cap, and nut, then (as shown in their youtube set up video) rotate it forward (shell plate down) loosen the motor mounts, put the belt on and rotate the sprocket back clockwise (shell plate back up to set the belt on.  adjust the tension and snug the motor mounts back up.

done that 4-5 times now, still no go, passes calibration, runs smooth with out brass, but as soon as you try to load a round it jams up at the de-priming station.  Even at rest the motor has a very high pitched electronic buzz/whine, and even barely touching the belt or even pushing on the bench (it is bolted to the bench) will make the motor/clutch start chirping (as in the video on the media fire link)

50 minutes ago, tmz said:

How many rounds have you loaded on the RL1100 before hooking it to the Mark7 auto Drive ?

This might help from the OP: 

"I know there are a few running the M7 drive on the 1100, hopefully someone can provide the insight needed to get this to run!  Ijust got my new 1100 in today and am trying to hook it up with my brand new M7 drive". 

1 hour ago, tmz said:

How many rounds have you loaded on the RL1100 before hooking it to the Mark7 auto Drive ?

about 10... brand new 1100 and brand new M7, the 1100 runs smooth as can be, the M7 clutch kicks in and locks up as soon as the brass enters the de-priming die!!!

update... kinda....

Mark 7 technical support is awesome! We believe the issue has been identified, and should have a resolution next week, tech support went way over expectations on a holiday weekend, as someone who works in support and has been on that end of the off duty weekend call during family time because you care and want to see it right, I will say I am very appreciative and impressed! I will update as soon as I can confirm that we are running 100% next week! Great job by their representative!

16 hours ago, evilbeef54 said:

about 10... brand new 1100 and brand new M7, the 1100 runs smooth as can be, the M7 clutch kicks in and locks up as soon as the brass enters the de-priming die!!!

Not sure about others but I truly think 10 rounds is not enough to determine that the press is running completely smooth. Personally I would’ve ran more close to 1000 to familiarize myself with the new press and make sure all the functions are consistent and working properly before I put an auto drive on it with a very sensitive clutch system that might pick up something that you’re not picking up after just 10 rounds. Simple little things like the index not working properly or the primer slide or many other things could cause resistance in the cycling on the press with a sensitive clutch systems picking it up but not known because there was only 10 rounds cycled through the unit manually, just my two cents. 

On 9/5/2020 at 12:51 AM, evilbeef54 said:

I know there are a few running the M7 drive on the 1100, hopefully someone can provide the insight needed to get this to run!  I just got my new 1100 in today and am trying to hook it up with my brand new M7 drive.  The instructions do not mention the 1100 mounting instructions (edit confirmed that they have a new instruction image, not included in the manual that says the 1100 goes in the super holes, and use the hole with the dot for the link bar, that is what i did).  No matter what clutch setting is used from 3-20 i can not get passed the de-priming stage on once fired 38sc lubed brass with out the clutch activating.  I have several videos on the following link showing how the servo seems to have a constant load on it and it super sensitive to even the slightest touch on the belt.  I want to get this to work, but i don't know what else to do.  Even on clutch 20 i cant load a single round.  brand new 1100 that runs fine on its own, and a brand new M7 that wont let brass get more than 1/2 way into the die with out locking up

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8e043sjbvhl8q/

Have you contacted MK7 tech support/customer service to help you with your issue?  Also, how tight is the belt on the MK7 auto drive?  You need to have some flexibility on the belt as the belt can't be installed way too tight.  Also, I had issues with the MK7 auto drive and I installed the press on the wrong holes cauing misalignment issues, and many other problems.  Make sure you're connected to the right holes, not just the 1050 holes once you verified that you're indeed on the right hole for the press to be installed you need to check that your belt is aligned correctly and the belt cam is not deviated.  Once you get that sorted out all issues should disappear but I'll contact MK7 to see if they can assist you further that'll be the first step~