Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik TP9SFX loads

falconpilot

What is the soft shooting load for the Canik with 124MG's 

I just tried some Major Pistol - 7.3 grs at 1.135" -running about 133-135pf and feels pretty good, but I know this can't be the ideal powder - I've read that Titegroup is pretty violent. I've got some Sport Pistol inbound and have a ton of Win Auto Comp, WSF, Sil, HS-6..

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Soon I'll work up a ladder for mine with 124mg to test accuracy. But I have another gun with a short chamber, so my OAL is usually 1.095 ish with that bullet, and I usually run that over 3.9gr titegroup. I've shot hundreds of this through my SFX because I had it loaded for my single stack 1911, but I never really tested it for accuracy.

I did a load test a couple of weeks ago with berry's 115 plated seconds that I got real cheap and they were stupid accurate over 4.3gr of titegroup (loaded to like 1.2OAL) in the SFx. Gave me 130pf. But... they're snappy little 115s. Some day I'll get the brass/tungsten stuff on my gun and maybe 115s will be worth it. For now I've still got a bunch of 124MG to load.

2 hours ago, falconpilot said:

I’ve tried both Titegroup and Sport Pistol now...I can’t really tell a difference in the two at same PF of 132..

They both work fine and feel pretty equal, but Titegroup leaves your pistol filthy. Sport Pistol is so much cleaner, I've got bottles of TG I haven't touched in two years.

I loaded up a test ladder at 1.095 over N320 this weekend. Hope to chrono those at lunch one day this week, and then load up 100 of titegroup and 100 of n320 at the same PF to do a comparison between them using the SFx. As far as I know, the N320 is almost identical to the sport pistol powder (only difference is I have N320 on hand right now). These will be 124 MG JHP.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 1:49 PM, jtaylor996 said:

I loaded up a test ladder at 1.095 over N320 this weekend. Hope to chrono those at lunch one day this week, and then load up 100 of titegroup and 100 of n320 at the same PF to do a comparison between them using the SFx. As far as I know, the N320 is almost identical to the sport pistol powder (only difference is I have N320 on hand right now). These will be 124 MG JHP.

How many Grains with N320  ended up working ?

• 2 weeks later...