Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sellier & Bellot SRP for 9mm major and/or 38sc

nickbfishn

S&B are very overlooked primers. They are top quality.

I save all my S&B Large and small rifle for my precision rifle loads. They give the lowest SD / ES across all brands tested.

If you poke around on the web you will find some articles from high level shooters who tested them against match primers from other makers and not gotten as good of results. So I know I’m not alone.

I’m sure they probably work pretty well in an open pistol as well. I don’t think they are overly hard cupped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/14/2020 at 4:20 PM, nickbfishn said:

Anyone have experience using these for those calibers? I bought a few thousand because they were cheap and available, but have never used them before. Thoughts, suggestions, Save them for my 223 etc.?

I used at least 10K of the small pistol, they are good, never had an issues with them. Cabelas used to have them quite cheap, maybe $20/1000 - but this was about 3 years ago.

Edited by RudyVey
correction

11 minutes ago, RudyVey said:

I used at least 10K of them, they are good, never had an issues with them. Cabelas used to have them quite cheap, maybe $20/1000 - but this was about 3 years ago.

Sounds good to me. I found a stockpile locally for $30/k. Might go get a few more 

42 minutes ago, iflyskyhigh said:

S&B are very overlooked primers. They are top quality.

I save all my S&B Large and small rifle for my precision rifle loads. They give the lowest SD / ES across all brands tested.

If you poke around on the web you will find some articles from high level shooters who tested them against match primers from other makers and not gotten as good of results. So I know I’m not alone.

I’m sure they probably work pretty well in an open pistol as well. I don’t think they are overly hard cupped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Gives me confidence 

I have tried S&B srp in my Infinity 9 major pistol and they were too hard for reliable ignition. I know of others that had the same issues with pistols. They were fine in my AR tho.