Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Patriot Defense Seriously?!

Agent #1911

I sent two Stock 2 barrels to Patriot Defense to have the chamber reamed. I read many happy customers here so they are GTG. I got them back today and glanced at the chamber and noticed something doesn't look right. So I grabbed a bore scope and took a closer look. holy batman!! the lands have these ledges at the end that looks like bullet shredders. these are not just burs. both barrels have the same issue. for those who had their barrel done by PT, you might want to take a closer look. they sent me a return shipping label promptly. still, this should of been caught in the QA process. 

WIN_20200805_15_06_45_Pro.jpg

IMG-3958.JPG

Edited by Agent #1911

Dremmil will fix that right up,,,,🤪

Ive gotten to the point where If I cant do it my self it doesnt get done. Generally I have learned I am perfectly capable of screwing up my guns for free. Why should I pay someone else to do it ?  Only sent out stuff a couple of times and each time my guns have come back butchered. all I wanted was decent sights installed on a couple Hipowers.  Nope way too complicated evidently. 

On 8/6/2020 at 7:23 AM, Joe4d said:

Dremmil will fix that right up,,,,🤪

Ive gotten to the point where If I cant do it my self it doesnt get done. Generally I have learned I am perfectly capable of screwing up my guns for free. Why should I pay someone else to do it ?  Only sent out stuff a couple of times and each time my guns have come back butchered. all I wanted was decent sights installed on a couple Hipowers.  Nope way too complicated evidently. 

In many / most cases I agree, but when it comes to buying tooling / tools, I just let someone else do it. Like my Mom always said, "Expect the best, accept the worst" 

Sometimes you can rent the tools, sometimes you figure out ways to deal with the stock configuration. Usually all these mods dont really help much anyways. More cosmetic than anything else.
I rented a throating reamer for $20 and throated a 40 barrel for a para so I could long load. I am guessing thats what the op wanted, a throat job .