Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone make a RMR mount for Ruger PC Carbine that works with MI rail?

I just put a MI rail on my Ruger PC Carbine and it's fantastic. However I had to remove the rail piece I had replacing the rear sight which means right now I have my Holosun 407CO mounted to a rail section mounted to the M-Lok rail which is fine but I would prefer something a bit lower

Does anyone make a direct M-Lok RMR/Holosun Mount or a replacement for the rear sight that works with the MI rail?

Tandemkross makes something very close to what I want but I emailed them and the spacer they give isn't tall enough to clear the MI rail only the Ruger factory M-Lok rail.

I guess an alternative is if someone can make a spacer that I can mount the Tandemkross plate to that would work that might be the simplest option.

Be careful mounting your red dot in place of the rear sight on the barrel. That’s the hottest part of the rifle.
I had mine there, and found that during an extended session it go so hot I couldn’t touch it. Yet, at the same time, the rail on top of the receiver was still relatively cool. I figure that much heat can’t be too good for the dot so I moved it back onto the receiver. Now even when the rifle/barrel gets too hot to handle, the top of the receiver is still one of the coolest parts, not counting the buttstock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't doubt that at all.  I put mine there because I wanted it further forward and lower than the receiver.

When you do get it mounted to the end of the barrel, go out and shoot about 150 rounds, and then see how hot your red dot and the end of the barrel are compared to the top of the receiver.  It may never be an issue for you shooting a match with short stages, but when I take my two kids to the range to shoot plate racks and dueling trees that sucker gets HOT!

I actually bought a second rifle so we can rotate them off.  And so we could shoot head to head...

"But honey, we need another one, it's for the kids..."   :)

Ok, then that’s great for you. Hopefully you will be able to find something that works.

When me and both my kids are shooting it we can easily surpass that hourly round count, if the damn rifle didn’t get too hot to hold...

I got one of these for my front sight just haven’t mounted it yet. I hadn’t had any problems with mine mounted on the receiver, shot a couple matches and a couple practices’s with it and it’s hitting what I aim at.

9F945A69-5B12-4CFE-9179-30EBF72E86ED.jpeg

On 8/6/2020 at 3:37 PM, 3tech said:

I could be wrong but, check EGW, I thought they had something to replace the rear site on a Ruger carbine for a red dot mount.

They do but it looks like it's too low to work with the MI handguard/rail.

13 hours ago, Siberian said:

Maybe talk to this guy:

createdbycay.com

I just ordered an extended charging handle and mag release from him. Will report back when the parts (and my recently acquired PC Charger) arrive

I emailed him; it looks like his rail might work out. Thanks for the tip.

I emailed him; it looks like his rail might work out. Thanks for the tip.

Jesse,
That rail won’t work. I just tried it. The slot in the MI hand guard is too narrow. At first it looked like it would fit, with very minimal filing on the front bottom edge of the rail, but once I did that I was able to slide the guard on, but couldn’t tighten the hand guard because the slot bumps against the long edge of the rail preventing it from being securely fastened to the barrel.

5 hours ago, Cuz said:

Jesse,
That rail won’t work. I just tried it. The slot in the MI hand guard is too narrow. At first it looked like it would fit, with very minimal filing on the front bottom edge of the rail, but once I did that I was able to slide the guard on, but couldn’t tighten the hand guard because the slot bumps against the long edge of the rail preventing it from being securely fastened to the barrel.

Well damn.

I've been thinking about it and if someone could make a spacer the right size I could find longer screws that were the correct length and thread pitch I could just use the EGW RMR mount.

Anyone have a 3d Printer or capable of machining something from delrin?

On 8/8/2020 at 1:48 PM, bigdawgbeav said:

I have never lost zero removing and reattaching the barrel. Hell, I haven't lost zero removing Holosun 510c and then putting it back on...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Honestly given it's a PCC and most of my shooting happens inside of 25 yards you're probably right, how much can the zero really shift at that distance. But I guess there is that doubt.