Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide/comp milling questions

xjwalt666

I'm getting ready to rebuild my open gun. My first go with it I bought a slide from Brazos that already had all the machining done to it. This time I'm going to do it all myself. What I'm trying to figure out is after I get the slide and barrel/comp all fitted what is the best method to hold the barrel in the slide to be able to match the cuts from the slide to the comp? I plan to tri top them both and then do some cuts that transition from the slide to the comp. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If you have a mill, make your own
I have one of the brownells barrel alignment tools but wasn't sure if that was enough to lock everything together to hold the comp lined up properly.

• 1 month later...
Lacking skills and equipment I did mine my putting the comp on the barrel, installed the barrel in the slide and clamped it in the vise as one piece.  I used a 45 degree carbide cutter to cut the tri-top
http://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2020_09/F1C694D6-0771-4659-B39D-6B0F8D2F735E.jpeg.cf687d72f459ddf37f6ba982eff1a1ae.jpeg
This is what I was thinking of doing also. I'd rather not spend the money on the angle block if I don't have to. I'm on a budget for this build hence the reason for doing all the cuts myself.