Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Panamerican Championship 2006

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The comment from Vericio which blames IPSC for asking for a change of dates for the subject match is incorrect.

In December 2005, when I was asking the Regional Director of IPSC Brazil about the actual dates of the 2006 Pan-Am Championships, I advised him of two things: (1) that the USPSA had already announced the dates of their 2006 Nationals, and (2) that the date of the 2006 IPSC General Assembly is 4 September 2006, and I merely urged him to bear those dates in mind when deciding upon the dates of the Pan-Am, in order to avoid a clash, which would be detrimental to his match.

At no time did I, nor anyone else in the IPSC Administration, ask for (or require) any particular dates, which were decided by IPSC Brazil alone.

BTW, Vince also adviced to either email IPSC or post on the official IPSC forum questions and/or requests for clarifications which directly involve IPSC.

Hi people,

The comments I did was about what I heard for the dates change. I meant no offense in my words. I hope you forgive me for any misunderstood comments.

Thank you!

Right now the US is running pretty strong background checks to get visas. My wife (then grilfriend) had to fly to La Paz, interview, show our letter of invitation, provide bank records, blah blah blah AND pay the $100 fee.

The Brazilian one came up as a personal thorn when their gov asked ours for LEO help and then still charged the $100 "Free Visa" fee to the LEO's they invited to come help them.

Their Prez don't like ours, so there's gonna be minor hassle. I don't take it personal, and when I go there to visit (hopefully to Italy too :) ) it will be one of the expenses I have to budget for. I don't blame you guys and I hope you don't blame us. It's governments, not individuals.

dirtypool40

I don't blame you. This is a government question and first of all we are all friends.

See you.

Edited by Vericio_Brazil

when I go there to visit (hopefully to Italy too :) ) it will be one of the expenses I have to budget for.

Let me me know if and when it will happen, I'll provide all the help you might need for a nice holiday in my land. ;)

Thanks, I"ll take you up on that some day. One of the places my wife and I both want to visit, and neither have, is ITALIA!!! We have two families of friends over there to stay with, and now I even know an IPSC shooter there. This year will be tough, but once things stabilize for me, I'll plan a little trip over to shoot a major and see your beautiful country.

Maybe I'll shoot for getting to a big one like Med Cup or a nationals. So we don't completely jack the thread, pm me about laws / regs on bringing my gear over.

Thanks...es

Now back to our scheduled program about visiting Brazil this Summer!!! :)

Edited by dirtypool40

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

41 days and counting down. :)

Now if I could just get my friends from the Sao Paulo area to come watch. (They claim it's too far away.)

Allison, do you know when the firearm permits will be shipped out?

Where is the range in relation to the city? Is it at the same range as the 96 WS, or where ACAP competes? My Portuguese is not the best, but I have not been able to locate any information on where the range is located.

Thanks again and I will see you soon,

Kenny

Kenny,

Send an email to this address panam@cbtp.org.br and ask for direction. "I think" the match hotel should know where it is located BUT if you called them I am not sure they will know. The best thing to is to the email the organizers and ask for information.

Thanks,

Sandro

• 2 weeks later...
41 days and counting down. :)

Now if I could just get my friends from the Sao Paulo area to come watch. (They claim it's too far away.)

Allison, do you know when the firearm permits will be shipped out?

Where is the range in relation to the city? Is it at the same range as the 96 WS, or where ACAP competes? My Portuguese is not the best, but I have not been able to locate any information on where the range is located.

Thanks again and I will see you soon,

Kenny

Kenny,

The Panamerican will be at the same range of WS 1996. In fact, it is a new area in the same range. It is close to the hotels (about 20 minutes by car) and, according to the match staff, there will have buses to transport us. I don't have details on it yet.

The firearms permits should be shipped out next week (by email). They'll send it to them shooters and to the RD. There will be one copy at the range and at the airport too. I'll let you know more when I get the information.

If you need any help, let me know.

See you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

From IPSC website:

Hall of Champions

1996 World Shoot XI

Brasilia, Brazil

Todd Jarrett

Todd Jarrett, 32 years of age, a native Virginian living just outside Richmond, and now the IPSC World Champion!

Todd started hunting at the age of 6 and only started shooting competitively 12 years ago. He worked hard and since 1990 he had established himself as a major player by finishing in the top 4 of the US Nationals every year except one.

He worked extra hard getting ready for Brazil and WSXI and his steady performance showed it. Todd says, "It's really amazing, the harder I work, the luckier I get."

Kenny,

The great day is comming! We have 9 days until the openning ceremony! Don't forget to bring an american flag to the ceremonies.

• 2 weeks later...

First day is over, I'm not winning revo, Bob is not winning standard, and Kenny and Fred are not winning open.

Weather is great as is the stages and staff. looks like a fun week....

Here are a couple of pictures, we've downloaded.

Raising of the Flags, during the opening ceremonies.

The welcome banner

Here is picture of the match banner

post-3279-1155064302.jpg

The stage in the background is the home of Kenny's death jam. :angry:

K

post-3279-1155064115.jpg

Hi, This is Kenny again. I'm sharing Cliff's computer as you can tell from the last post.

Cliff doesn't want to post anything else, for now. Something about his shooting. :(

Today was another beutiful day in Brazil. Allison made up some ground and Cliff is running high US revolver.

Other than the death jam, I performed better today. Fred is having fun. Unfortunely Fred's gun was not allowed to enter Brazil. 90% of Fred's ammo likes to run in my backup gun.

More later,

ate logo

Kenny

After watch Ciff and Allison shoot revolver so well, I think I will switch to revo and be a real man...

The information above was posted by Cliff. I have watched Allison (Vericio_Brazil) compete during the match and he is very good. Cliff has always finished before I find his squad.

I hung the revolvers up over 20 years ago, open is too much fun. Even if I have more misses.

Kenny

Edited by MasterLefty