Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Recoil Spring For A G22?

ipscron2000

Give Chris Patty a call, you can find him via the search, sorry I am too lazy tonight.

I called him and he set me up with a new guiderod and spring. I think he set me up with a 13 lb. spring, but not positive.

He can take care of your questions and the product, great guy!!!

ismi flat coil springs IMO are also better than wolff, my .02 ;)

Atmar,

I disagree, but everyone likes different things. The ISMI flat springs with about the same pound rating allow the Glock slide to open and unlock faster and easier, ie firing out of battery with lighter springs. The Wolff springs still cycle the slide with the lighter feel of light springs, but keep the gun locked into battery and dont unlock and open so easy as the ISMI's.

Eric and I had talked about this when discussing the vertical test with light recoil springs.

The Vertical Test for Glock springs is something you should do frequently:

1. Unload the gun

2. Check AGAIN that the gun is unloaded

3. Point it straight up vertical and rack slide back

4. Release slide slowly - it should close by itself

5. Pull trigger slowly - the slide should not back up AT ALL.

If it fails this test, your Glock has too much striker spring fighting against too little recoil spring. Up the recoil spring weight or drop the striker spring weight or both.

[Don't do this at a match, they frown on dry-firing at anything but a backstop]

Just make sure you don't use a variable or "progressive" spring, also don't use a Sprinco-type setup because those will all provide less force to hold the slide closed for the same overall cycling. With Glock you want the MOST hold-closed force on the slide that will still cycle the gun when you shoot one-handed. And this same spring that works for you may be too much spring for a wife or child, it depends on the shooter.

Here's another thread on ignition - avoiding dud primer problems:

ignition test