Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommend a good bit set that works with Wheeler Fat Wrench?

OhioLefty

Can anyone recommend a good bit set that works with Wheeler Fat Wrench?  I purchased a small Hex and Torx set at Lowe's made by Dewalt and the quality is terrible.  The very first time I used the 5/64 hex to mount a red dot on my wife's CO gun, it slipped in the head of the screw at 10 in/lbs.  My go to set of hex wrenches fit perfectly and tighten without issue.  I thought the Dewalt name was a safe bet but it seems the tolerances are not near as good as I thought. And yes, I'm sure it slipped in the head of the screw and not the Wheeler Fat Wrench torque stopping at 10 in/lbs.

I would like to have both the Hex set and the Torx set of the more common smaller sizes for most gunsmithing.

Thanks

It's just a 1/4" drive I believe. You can't go wrong with snappon/mac/sk. I like the Mac stuff myself. They are expensive though you can go piecemeal. Or if the adapter from square to hex is still good go with wiha/wera/festool bits. They are all very good. I use wera and festool

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

May be off a little on size but a 5/64 hex bit used in a 2 mm hole one or the other will strip.

Snap on or Mac are the best.    FYI  Dewalt is a division of Mac (Cheaper Line?)

Edited by AHI

13 hours ago, AHI said:

May be off a little on size but a 5/64 hex bit used in a 2 mm hole one or the other will strip.

Snap on or Mac are the best.    FYI  Dewalt is a division of Mac (Cheaper Line?)

Both DeWalt and MAC are owned by Stanley tools.

14 hours ago, AHI said:

Thanks, I did verify before hand the correct size was in fact 5/64 hex.