Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

320x5 Barrel and comp?

m700

I'm looking to comp one of my x5s. It wont be used for competition outside members steel occasionally.

I like the idea of keeping a full length slide so i have spring adjustability with 1911 guide rod. I was possibly thinking of Barsto's extended and threaded match or semifit barrel. But I dont have any thoughts on a comp yet. What are others running?

Never seen a comp'd X5...you might be the first. Every comp'd p320 I've seen (PMM and Springer mostly) are based on compact or subcompact slides, presumably for packaging and OAL.

Edited by jmleenz

There's the pirho too. But I'm just looking for something that will give me full spring tunability.
My fallback is the Pmm compact but they're never in stock

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Back on the topic of a comp'd X-five. Turns out I'm building one!

I sent my factory x-five bull barrel off for quad laser barrel porting. They line the 4 ports up with the factory lightening cuts in the top of the slide so no other modification is needed. I'm very curious how effective the ports will be. Talking to another guy that had only 2 ports done on his x-five...he was very pleased how flat it was. The main benefit of this package is reliability (no comp to effect cycling) and the ability to tune the gun with 1911 springs. 

Edited by jmleenz

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 12:26 PM, jmleenz said:

I sent my factory x-five bull barrel off for quad laser barrel porting. They line the 4 ports up with the factory lightening cuts in the top of the slide so no other modification is needed. I'm very curious how effective the ports will be. Talking to another guy that had only 2 ports done on his x-five...he was very pleased how flat it was. The main benefit of this package is reliability (no comp to effect cycling) and the ability to tune the gun with 1911 springs. 

Where are you sending it off to and what's cost?  I'm considering this as well, but would probably want to get another x5 barrel for stock.

I like to tinker so I'm going to build an RX I have into an open pistol. Just ordered a Barsto barrel threaded for a comp from Springer. I'll start with their open comp but may try others after that. I'm likely to lighten the slide with some cuts similar to the X5. 

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend Springer Precision compensators, I have more than one of them and they have always worked perfectly for me.

If you plan to use factory standard pressure/Minor PF loads, get the Shorty comp:

https://shop.springerprecision.com/Springer-Precision-P320-9mm-Shorty-Compensator-1-2-x-28-SP0231.htm

If you’ll be running +P/Major PF loads, get the Open comp:

https://shop.springerprecision.com/Springer-Precision-Sig-P320-9mm-Open-Compensator-1-2-x-28-SP0232.htm

On 8/22/2020 at 2:26 AM, jmleenz said:

Has he shot major out of that unsupported barrel yet?