Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ P10F feed ramp issues

Jorpope

I'm having issues with my new p10f. When I rack the slide on a new mag (whether with the 19rd mags or 22rd mags) the round will stick against the bottom of the feed ramp, I've had the issue with round nose fmj, and various hollow point defense rounds. I've polished the feed ramp and still the same problem. I noticed the play in the barrel when the slide is locked back and it appears the barrel is not set back when the slide locks back it happens more often. I looked for this subject on the forum and couldn't really find any answers, has anyone else run into this and if so what is the fix if there is one? Sorry if this is a repeat post I couldn't find any solid answers elsewhere.

This might sound silly but do you have the gun tilted excessively up or down when doing it? On the Cz group on FB someone posted a video about that subject. I’ll try to find it and post a link. Mine did it once and I had the gun titled down. 

55 minutes ago, Eli_a said:

This might sound silly but do you have the gun tilted excessively up or down when doing it? On the Cz group on FB someone posted a video about that subject. I’ll try to find it and post a link. Mine did it once and I had the gun titled down. 

I'm pretty sure I had the gun held level in my hand while releasing the slide, once I noticed the issue I tried tilting it forward and backward while racking the slide and same issue occured. I noticed the feed ramp doesn't seem as pronounced on the factory barrel as my XD9 or P365, and there is back and forth play with the barrel when the slide is locked back then in the above two other mentioned pistols. It seems that this would be a non issue if the feed ramp were longer.

What does your feedramp look like?

737470383_P10FBarrelFeedRamps.jpg.9b987f

OR, Primary Machine, Killer Innovations, OR

FCF83E89-8181-4C3C-83D2-82535A007B9A.jpe

CZ changed their feed ramps with the OR version.

I had issues like this with FMJ on my primary machine barrel. It has a shorter/shallower angle. I switched back to the stock barrel and I have no issues. Maybe it was ammo...??

Edited by mrvip27

• 8 months later...

Raising this thread from the dead.

Had this exact issue today shooting P10F in CO. RN 125 Blue Bullets. But for me it only occurs when I load up to 22 rounds in a mag. If I stick with 20 or less rounds I have no problem. Feed ramp has already been polished. Ammo OAL is 1.095"; pistol fails spin test at 1.115".