Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Check your optic before a match

Dontkillbill

We'll I am dabbling with an optic for shooting duty styled matches.  Been a journey but I learned a valuable lesson.    Tighten up the cap on the top the battery it comes loose every now and then. 

Hit the video if you want but I just shared the point.  FYI this is the 226 9mm conversion kit with a  Romeo 1 reddot. 

Also, check the dot at the make ready. 

I was turning off my dot between stages because I forgot to bring an extra battery just in case. 

So at make ready, I load the gun and holster. No sight picture. 

Buzzer goes off and the first array is point shooting with me yelling damnit with every shot lol.  Hit the power button as part of my mag reload. 

9 hours ago, Matt1911 said:

Also, check the dot at the make ready. 

I was turning off my dot between stages because I forgot to bring an extra battery just in case. 

So at make ready, I load the gun and holster. No sight picture. 

Buzzer goes off and the first array is point shooting with me yelling damnit with every shot lol.  Hit the power button as part of my mag reload. 

Yeah that's a lesson most guys get a few times.  And get a few batteries for the bag.  I need more now that you share your story. 

Get a paint pen of a contrasting color (silver, gold, bronze and copper seem to work well against most finishes) and put some small witness marks on the screws, mounts, battery covers, etc so you can instantly tell if they've moved.

Edited by N3WWN

On 5/24/2020 at 2:02 PM, Dontkillbill said:

Yeah that's a lesson most guys get a few times.  And get a few batteries for the bag.

And make sure that the extras you carefully put in the bag when you started shooting that optic haven't there for 5 years baking in the AZ sun like the ones in mine when I just checked.  Fresh batteries inbound      LOL

Thanks,

RTL