Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wanting A Smoother Trigger Pull

ramtough47

Hey guys and gals i need some advice here. I shoot a glock34 have replaced stock connector and trigger bar with Custom Glock Racing 3.5 connector and polished trigger bar.Also replaced stock guide rod and recoil spring with Custom Glock racing Titanium guide rod and putting it in a 13lb ISMI recoil spring.Everything is good to go so far and I am shooting ok,BUT my trigger pull is still a little to ruff for my liking.I have been told that if I add a "lightweight Titanium Striker and a 4lb striker spring" that this will smooth out my trigger pull. I am not interested in having a hair trigger, as the saying goes, i just want a smooth,consistent pull.Am i going in the right direction?I would also like to know that by doing this if i am going to cause any problems with my glock. That is something I DO NOT WANT TO HAPPEN!!!

Look forward to responses.

I've not heard good things about the titanium striker, but the 4 lbs striker spring will help your trigger pull. Make sure it will ignite your primers!

Drilling the trigger bar will also help. Do a search in the Glock section. Good luck.

ramtough47,

The Ti strikers decrease lock time but have a minimal effect on trigger pull weight.

And cost about $60. Ti wears faster also.

The reduced striker spring will reduce the pull weight.

The 2lb trigger kit is the best $50 you'll spend. ($65 if you need a connector)

I bought 2 of the Ti strikers many years ago and would not buy them again. Once the anodizing wears the underlying Ti wears pretty quickly and the gun starts to double or go full auto. Since they are pretty expensive I don't think they are worth it.

The Wolff 4lb firing pin spring is a nice modification if it works with your loads. But several of them and replace on a regular basis.

Are you keeping the gun really clean? The Glock trigger does get grittier when it gets dirty. Cleaning all the contact surfaces can make is smooth out again.

I keep hearing about this guys trigger work. sounds like he's got something good going on. As far as the titanium striker, never tried it. I have tried the wolf 4lb reduced firing pin spring. I used it when I was shooting my factory Remmington loads, and was getting light primer strikes about 1 out of 100 would not have enough power to ignite the primer. But it did make the trigger pull so much lighter.

What exactly does ralph do with the trigger job? right now I have polished the internals. Put a lightend safety plunger spring. increased the trigger spring weight. have an over travel stop. Pinned the conector housing to decrease pre travel to none, when gun is cocked it automatically goes to the reset position. You might think this is real dangerous, but I have done my own torture test on it to try and set it off couldnt do unless the trigger was pulled. So far happy with this setup, but always up to hear other peoples suggestions and or oppinions.

its a bad picture having problems with my camera. But basically its a tack nail that has been carefully drilled and placed behind the ejector and filed evenly with the housing, so that it will not rub against the bottom of the slide. If you look closely at the blurred picture :angry: you can see the tack nail. You will have to take some material off the trigger to keep the trigger safety working. but no overtravel at all.

post-6635-1129267037_thumb.jpg

Ramtough, call Matt at CGR and tell him what you are experiencing and ask for his advice. Yes, get the reduced power Striker spring. Lubricate the contact area of the connector and be happy.

On Ralph's kits, the biggest deal is that he drills that damn trigger bar that is a real pain to do yourself. Great product at a very good price. My kit in my G34 the trigger breaks at 2 pounds, 2 ounces. I'm a happy camper. My trigger job which included polishing and a 4 # reduced striker spring broke at 2 pounds and 8 ounces. Do I think the extra 6 ozs are worth $50. In a word - YES.

Rick

I just dropped Ralph's kit in my IDPA G17 and backup Production gun.

Breaks at 2lb 2oz with a very clean break and slight take up. This G17 is an early 2nd gen frame.

Check out Ralph's new Rhino grips. They really grip!!!! And look cool too. Ask him about his new design.

www.triggerkit.com

Ive also got one of Ralph's triggers. Nice trigger. I have it in my G17 right now and have since I got it. I have a Vanek in my 34, but I think I like the way the 17 handles better than the 34.

Ralph's trigger is not a Vanek, but then again, it all depends on what you like your trigger to feel like. Im really starting to get used to Ralph's trigger, light take up and then resistance/stacking right before or at the release. It allows you to prep your trigger, kind of like a 1911 with 3-4lb pull.

Vanek trigger is the smoothest thing Ive ever felt. It is super smooth and light ALL the way through. From the beginning of the pull to the time the trigger breaks, there is no difference in feel. When I first got mine, it was almost scary. When you started pulling it, you would get about half the through the pull and the trigger would almost keep on going like on cruise control.

I shot both guns/triggers the other day because I thought maybe the 34 w/ Vanek had a little bit of an advantage in accuracy over my 17 w/ Sotelo, but I shot plates repeatedly at 31 yards w/ the G17. Shooting 6" plates at 31 yards is not too much of an disadvantage.